Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 06-11-2009, 03:08 AM

Default Re: Party at the shop

Rick, many thanks to you and Ann for a great, although short for us, gathering! Kim and I both enjoy all of you, always great car stories and much laughter!

Woo hoo, 6yrs-55 posts! I'm a slacker!
Old 06-13-2009, 03:05 AM

Default Re: Party at the shop

Place looks great!! I told you it was a good idea to take the Gainsville tree with you to Gateway!!

They cut down the Gainsville tree when the rules changed. The full height tree's story from the eBay ad:

"In the mid 80's we decided that the 3000' asphalt runway we have in our backyard (a private airport we own) could be better used as a drag strip. We contacted the IHRA and became a sanctioned 1/8th mile facility. Not wanting to spend a huge amount of money on equipment, we located and purchased this Chrondek set up from the people who ran IHRA. This equipment at one time was at the strip in Bristol, TN. It was oudated and an antique when we bought it, but it worked, and the price was something we could live with. We raced into the early 90's and called it quits. We restatred the racing in the late 90's, but that was using a new, computer set up (TSI) and never used the Chrondek stuff again. There is no need for it to just sit in a building, so, here it is.

This is a real piece of drag racing history, and the perfect addition to the shop, garage, or den of a serious drag racing junkie. You won't find one of these at Big Lots. I'd bet there are only a handfull of these left. It includes the powerpack for the pre-stage lights. I have a few other pieces (photo cells, and some other stuff I'd talk with you about if you're interested) but this auction is for the tree and the pre-stage powerpack.

I can't ship it, so it's for local pick-up. I'm in St. Clairsville, Ohio across the river from Wheeling, West Virginia....exit 213 off of I-70."