Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Other Muscle

Old 10-19-2004, 04:12 AM

Default 1970 GTO Judge RAIII

this is just a huge stab in the dark but worth a shot.
my dad is trying to research his 70 Judge and through PHS we have located the dealership that sold it new. the dealership was Charlie Cox Olds/Pontiac out of Albertville, Alabama. we have called the new dealership that bought out Cox and they have been unsuccessfull in finding any documentation. we have the car documented back to 72 where it came from Chicago to Minnesota in a dealer trade. does anyone own a Charlie Cox sold vehicle and have you been successfull in back tracking the car? i have also put an add in the classifieds in albertville's paper and no luck. maybe someone out there remembers this car. like i said, i know its a needle-in-a-haystack deal, but its all we got.
the Judge is now restored back to stock with its 26 options with the majors being.
Granada Gold, automatic, black vinyl top, AC, hood tac
thanks for listening fellow musclecar heads,
wes
(69hurstSC)
The Following User Says Thank You to 69hurstSC For This Useful Post:
Pontiac66 (02-21-2022)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 10-19-2004, 02:22 PM

Default Re: 1970 GTO Judge RAIII

[ QUOTE ]
my dad is trying to research his 70 Judge and through PHS we have located the dealership that sold it new. the dealership was Charlie Cox Olds/Pontiac out of Albertville, Alabama. we have called the new dealership that bought out Cox and they have been unsuccessfull in finding any documentation. we have the car documented back to 72 where it came from Chicago to Minnesota in a dealer trade. does anyone own a Charlie Cox sold vehicle and have you been successfull in back tracking the car? i have also put an add in the classifieds in albertville's paper and no luck. maybe someone out there remembers this car. like i said, i know its a needle-in-a-haystack deal, but its all we got.
the Judge is now restored back to stock with its 26 options with the majors being.
Granada Gold, automatic, black vinyl top, AC, hood tac
thanks for listening fellow musclecar heads,
wes
(69hurstSC)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wes,
Join the GTO list at Ultimate GTO and also the Poncho Power mailing list at "The Garage". (You'll have to Google that.)

The Poncho list is extremely active and knowlegeable. You can post at the Performance Years forums too. I'll bet betwwen the 3 of 'em, you'll find someone who knows something about that car.

Mac
Old 10-19-2004, 09:48 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Also Performance Years has a discussion forum. PY Discussion
NCRS#65120
68 GTO HO 4 spd Alpine Blue /Parchment 2 owner car
#21783 71 Corvette LT1 45k miles Orig paint - Brandshatch Green - National Top Flight - last known 71 LT1 built.
71 Corvette LT1 42k miles Original paint - Black - black leather - only black LT1 known to exist.
NUMEROUS Lemans blue Camaros,
Monza Red and Daytona Yellow Corvettes
& a Chevelle or two...
Survivors, restored cars, & other photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos
Old 10-26-2004, 09:37 PM

This is your lucky day! Let me introduce myself as being new to this board, I have been a follower of this board for several months but I had no need to reply until I saw your post. I grew up in Albertville, AL and my dad bought several new Pontiacs at Charlie Cox. I own a 70 Polar white Judge, a Mayfair Maize 69 Judge, a 64 GTO (factory red,4 speed,original motor), a 71 Chevelle SS454 Convertible, and others. The 70 Judge you are asking about was owned by a friend of mine.I called him when I read your post and he said he got married in 1973 sold the car in 1972. He has told me about the car for years and about selling the car in the Chicago Auto Auction for $2600. He bought a 1971 Judge a few years later and still owns it today. However, the gold 70 Judge was the best car he ever owned. Now ,this is where it gets interesting, he still has the original window sticker, protect-o-plate,and all of the dealer paperwork for the car! I have seen pictures of this car from 1970(he bought it when it was 6 months old) that show body color sport mirrors on the car,he says they were on the car when he bought it, although they were supposedly not available until 1971.Are the sport mirrors still on the car?He also told me he installed a Cadillac signal seeking radio in the car.An interesting note to this story is that a local guy in town that owned a body/frame shop bought nearly all of the Judges sold at Charlie Cox Pontiac. He told me he bought 17 new Judges in the 3 years they were made.I can remember a lot of them as he played golf at the country club my dad belonged to. I would go play golf with my dad just to see what he would be driving that day.He bought the gold 70 new and also thegold 71 my friend owns now.There is one owner white 70 in town that he turned down because it came through with bench seat and column shift. Also , the guy told me when he bought the gold 70, it had been bumped in the rear end and he had to paint the decklid and put a rear bumper on it. Please reply or call me at 256- 572-4108,ask for Jace.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:48 PM

Wow....that is good news for someone !!! Cool follow up information !!!
Old 10-26-2004, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wes, drop everything and go to the corner and get a lottery ticket.

Unreal! Cool of you to step forward with this info Jace.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:08 PM

Thanked 2,563 Times in 1,158 Posts

Wes
Are you Familiar with a Baston Chevrolet 3019 West Division St. in St.Cloud Minn.?
Someone on this site owns a car sold from there new.
Or how about a Ziebarth Chevrolet-Cadillac 413-17 first Ave.South in St James Minn.?
Old 10-27-2004, 01:49 AM

WOW! miracles really do exist! this connects all the dots for my dads Judge. this board deserves so much credit for the availability made to us! thank you! can anyone believe this?!?! we have been spinning our wheels on researching this for a few years and all-of-the-sudden were unstuck! the story on this Judge goes like this.
after the dealer trade up to Chicago in 72 the car came to St. Cloud where a dealership owner gave it to his son for his first car. that owner drove the car for a few years and sold it locally were it was driven for a year or so. the owner of the judge died and the car was sold again about 20 minutes west of St. Cloud. it was driven until 1981 when it was parked. the car sat with another 70 Judge along with 4 other 70 GTO's (RAIII'a) until February of 2002 when i read an adverisement that read like this:
for sale GTO and Judges and then the phone #. the owner wanted to sell the whole lot. we scooped the Judge up along with NOS quarters, fenders, front and rear valances at a good price. it sat in my dads business's shop until its completed restoration this summer/fall.
again, thanks to everyone for there input and direction. Jace, we will be talking this is so unexpected and you really should know how greatly we appreciate this.
thanks
Wes
Old 10-27-2004, 02:07 AM

Thanked 1,516 Times in 728 Posts

The stories on this board simply amaze me some times. How incredibly Darren is right, Wes, better head down and buy a Lottery ticket or two!!!

73 Camaro RS Z28, L82, M20, C60
Old 10-27-2004, 08:48 AM

Great news &amp; detective work. Does anyone out there know anything about a dealer in Westboro Mass, Ted Ware. My 70 raiv judge convert was sold there. I would love to get info, or any old dealer badge or licence frame, thanks