Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - Wanted

Please note

Old 05-17-2016, 12:15 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,175 Posts
Default Chevelle sway bars

About 4 years ago I was cleaning out the garage. Gave away and sold a bunch of parts (highly technical term... "bunch&quot.

Anyway, among all the crap I had a 1.125 inch front sway bar that was determined to fit a later Chevelle with F41. Thinking I would never own a Chevelle, I sold it cheap to someone on this board, but don't remember whom. Not sure why I thought I needed to get rid of it, as I am certain I owned it for at least 40 years. Anyway, long story short, I recently acquired a nearly rust free 68 El Camino. It has the standard 7/8 bar in front and none in the rear. I am thinking I would like to install the factory 70 F41 bars front and rear. When I replaced all the bushings, I went ahead and boxed and drilled the rear lower control arms just in case. I really don't want to go with aftermarket "gigantor 909" sway bars for two reasons: 1. Usually overkill for a street car, and 2. My experience (your mileage may vary) is that they are seldom as well matched front to rear as a GM factory set up.

Anyway, if by some strange chance, the person I sold the 1.125 inch bar to has never used it, perhaps you could find it in your heart to sell it back to me for a reasonable price. Also, anyone have a 7/8 rear factory bar for a 68 72 A body?

Any help appreciated.

I KNEW I shouldn't sell good parts.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:25 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,175 Posts
Default Re: Chevelle sway bars

Found a pair of factory sized sway bars. 1.125 front and 7/8 rear.

They aren't factory, but then neither is my El Camino.