Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > In Memoriam

Old 04-06-2019, 01:38 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Cool Dave L

Just got back in town and heard this terrible news. A stand up guy, give you the shirt off his back. Solid Gold. Always enjoyed laughs with him throughout the years, and cars. He will be missed. Condolences to Marty, Bird and other family and friends. RIP
Thank you Bruce for your postings.
The Following User Says Thank You to 427freak For This Useful Post:
Xplantdad (04-07-2019)
Old 04-07-2019, 03:45 AM

Thanked 5,346 Times in 1,875 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427freak View Post
Just got back in town and heard this terrible news. A stand up guy, give you the shirt off his back. Solid Gold. Always enjoyed laughs with him throughout the years, and cars. He will be missed. Condolences to Marty, Bird and other family and friends. RIP
Thank you Bruce for your postings.

Hi Dana, Yep....you are right, Dave was truly one of the good guys. Sorry to hear of your injury, too. Sorry that you couldn't make it but you were there at the event in spirit!

There was a great turnout today at the celebration of Dave's life. There were at least 200 people there at the busiest part of the celebration. And quite a few cool muscle cars showed up as well! Yenko.net was well represented as well...with Mark Sheppard (92646) and his daughter, Ken Maisano, 69NovaJoe ( Joe Camuglia), MSSL72 (Mark), Anthony S and his son Anthony drove from quite a distance,Joe Sheppard (JShep) came as well. Two of Dave's childhood friends were there as well...both came in from Pennsylvania.

I will have a BUNCH of pictures tomorrow to post...I didn't bring my computer and my sister's computer doesn't recognize my camera card. Once we're back in AZ I will get the pictures up.

THANK YOU to everyone who came out to help celebrate and thanks to Marty and all of the volunteers who helped set up a wonderful tribute to a great guy!

Last edited by Xplantdad; 04-07-2019 at 04:12 AM.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:54 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Yes, it was a great turnout and nice to chat with old and new friends, and to put some faces to new sYc friends too. Dave certainly enjoyed the afternoon too, that we can be sure of!

Anthony x2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnthonyS For This Useful Post:
'69Novajoe (04-08-2019), Xplantdad (04-07-2019)
Old 04-07-2019, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
Yes, it was a great turnout and nice to chat with old and new friends, and to put some faces to new sYc friends too. Dave certainly enjoyed the afternoon too, that we can be sure of!

Anthony x2
Absolutely!!
Old 04-07-2019, 08:45 PM

It was a fun turnout and it was nice to finally meet some of the guys/gals that live on this message board. I've met NoveJoe and Mark Sheppard before. The ride down wasn't too bad with 4.10s. I actually ran into some people that I've known for years and didn't know they knew Dave. Small world. Thanks again Bruce for letting us know.
The Following User Says Thank You to mssl72 For This Useful Post:
Xplantdad (04-07-2019)
Old 04-08-2019, 02:50 AM

Pictures from the Celebration of Dave's life can be found here:

https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=154407
Old 04-09-2019, 06:35 PM

I am new to this site but not new to cars. Over the past couple years I was fortunate enough to befriend Dave. I met him at the Enderle cruise and was immediately attracted to his spectacular array of GM muscle. I am a younger guy, 31 years old, and Dave liked seeing a "kid" with a 68 Camaro. I've had the car since I was 15. After becoming friends he invited my dad, who now owns Curt Biro's 67 L78 Chevelle, my girlfriend's dad, a couple buddies and me to his man cave. What an amazing guy! Very hospitable and sincere. I'm glad I got know him and always loved his stories. I'll never forget Dave
The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck_Burg For This Useful Post:
Xplantdad (04-09-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_Burg View Post
I am new to this site but not new to cars. Over the past couple years I was fortunate enough to befriend Dave. I met him at the Enderle cruise and was immediately attracted to his spectacular array of GM muscle. I am a younger guy, 31 years old, and Dave liked seeing a "kid" with a 68 Camaro. I've had the car since I was 15. After becoming friends he invited my dad, who now owns Curt Biro's 67 L78 Chevelle, my girlfriend's dad, a couple buddies and me to his man cave. What an amazing guy! Very hospitable and sincere. I'm glad I got know him and always loved his stories. I'll never forget Dave

Thank you for sharing your story, Chuck!

Glad you got to become Dave's friend, too!

Last edited by Xplantdad; 04-09-2019 at 11:24 PM.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:53 PM

Thanks Bruce. I know what you mean '69novajoe (your car is amazing by the way.. I saw it Saturday and I've seen it at Donut Derelicts before. I was trying to rev you up leaving there one time ). He really wanted to buy my dad's Capri Cream 67 L78 Chevelle. I remember Dave telling my old man it would just be a matter of time before he'd sell him the car. We always called him "Big Dave", not because his size, but we meant it out of respect for his knowledge of bow tie muscle and his great personality.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chuck_Burg For This Useful Post:
'69Novajoe (04-10-2019), Xplantdad (04-09-2019)
Old 04-10-2019, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_Burg View Post
Thanks Bruce. I know what you mean '69novajoe (your car is amazing by the way.. I saw it Saturday and I've seen it at Donut Derelicts before. I was trying to rev you up leaving there one time ). He really wanted to buy my dad's Capri Cream 67 L78 Chevelle. I remember Dave telling my old man it would just be a matter of time before he'd sell him the car. We always called him "Big Dave", not because his size, but we meant it out of respect for his knowledge of bow tie muscle and his great personality.
Hey Chuck, thanks for the kind words! Can't remember anyone trying to "rev" me up when leaving the donut shop? It's been awhile since I've been there. I need to get over there again soon.
You mentioned being a young guy (31 I believe). It's always great seeing the "young ones" coming into the hobby.
Chuck_Burg (04-10-2019), Xplantdad (04-10-2019)