Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 02-05-2017, 05:09 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 1969 Z28 Crossram Camaro

That is correct Pete. Sorry, I said auction, I meant just another for sale ad on this site. Danny
Old 02-05-2017, 09:13 PM

Thanked 3,777 Times in 1,012 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dannystarr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent this info on this car to a friend, as he was REALLY interested. JUST what he was looking for, color and all. He began getting funds together to possibly make an offer. Then 53 hours and change later, in <span style="font-weight: bold">ANOTHER</span> auction, all of a sudden the block [TO THIS CAR} MIGHT not be the matching numbers block original. I am confused. WHY wasn't this mentioned in the original 51 word description?? WHY did it take someone asking questions at another section of this site to get this info? I just wrote a 6 <span style="font-weight: bold">THOUSAND</span> word description with over 350 pictures and video's. I am tired of these vague 30 second descriptions. What a shame, my buddy in LA is very saddened by this updated info. And if it cannot be verified, that is a 20 to 25K hit right. That's what I was taught on these Camaro sites. So should I expect a new price any day now of 60 to 65K?.. Danny </div></div>

Not sure why you are on this rant. He said in the other thread they apparently can't find a vin stamp to confirm ? I don't see where he is misleading anyone. I see things are are not right but I might know Camaro's better than him. I have owned Z28's that I'm sure there was no vin but was the orig. engine. I like the fact that he didn't stamp the vin. It would be very easy to stamp a very common impossible to read vin down in that area and nobody would be able to tell. No need to trash or say the car is worth 25K less. As with any car you or your friend should do their own inspection. Does it have anything like a protecto plate that would match the stamping on the engine pad ? Can we all please not nitpick every item we see on a car ? This is what will keep people from posting on this site.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:18 PM

This is in Response to Dannys Comment I said in the other ad that i cant 100 % confirm the vin # on the block Because you can only make out 2 #s of the vin In the side of the block by the oil filter. If you are Familiar with these blocks that Pad where they stamped the vin # is a very Course pad so it can be very hard to detect the vin on that surface. Me as the owner would say it is the #s Matching Block but to others they would say different. So with that being said I am going to say it is a #s Matching block But you will make your own opinion. Thanks Jason
Old 02-05-2017, 09:19 PM

Thankyou.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:21 PM

Thank You Charley For the Response. Im not trying to mislead anyone, as my new post will tell.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:55 AM

This is my point. What if I didn't happen to LOOK in the other thread? It's just frustrating, that's all... WHY wasn't ALL the info about the 2 #'s stated in the FIRST ad? It's just NOT that tough. Ok so you're not trying to be misleading, that's great. Shouldn't have to BE a new post talking about NOT being misleading. How come nobody can see this.. ?? Everyone in the hobby knows the Engine is the heart of the car and the most important for collectability. At LEAST give THAT info. Why should we have to fly 10,000 miles to get such info? Give us everything ya got. THEN we can analyze and decide if we wanna make the trip out. Doesn't seem to much to ask.

Not trying to personally trash anybody. Believe me, if I was, you all would know it. I have way to many friends as it is.. And I surely don't wanna be kicked off the site only having posted 4 times! There is a reason why many people on THIS site bid on my old car. I seen it all in the bid history. I guess I just wanted a little higher standard. To bad for me I guess... D
Old 02-06-2017, 03:17 AM

You were really gonna fly 10000 miles without talking to the seller and asking him questions ? I think anybody in their right mind would have asked for stamping pics and information before sending money or jumping on a plane. I don't think there was any need for him to post in the forum that the vin is hard to make out. People will tend to jump to conclusions like you apparently have.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:38 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You were really gonna fly 10000 miles without talking to the seller and asking him questions ? I think anybody in their right mind would have asked for stamping pics and information before sending money or jumping on a plane. I don't think there was any need for him to post in the forum that the vin is hard to make out. People will tend to jump to conclusions like you apparently have.

</div></div>

You Da Man Charley [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]

1970 Top Secret Very Special Muscle Car in restoration by MASCAR to be unveiled at MCACN 2020

Old 02-06-2017, 12:06 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RST</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You were really gonna fly 10000 miles without talking to the seller and asking him questions ? I think anybody in their right mind would have asked for stamping pics and information before sending money or jumping on a plane. I don't think there was any need for him to post in the forum that the vin is hard to make out. People will tend to jump to conclusions like you apparently have.

</div></div>

You Da Man Charley [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]</div></div>

X2
69 L71 Roadster Survivor
69 L46 Roadster Survivor (Sold)
69 Z/28 RS
69 Dodge Charger R/T
70 W30 442 Auto Air Survivor
2016 Z06 Coupe M7
70 AAR Cuda (Sold)
69 L78 Chevelle
Old 02-06-2017, 12:26 PM

I know Jason personally and i can say he is not a person who would misguide or mislead someone . I can see to a point how reading an ad can get misconstrued but bottom line is make the phone call ask your questions and do your due diligence . As Charley mentioned posts and rants like this prevent members from posting on this site . Unfortunately i fall into this category for the reasons mentioned . KP