Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 06-14-2018, 01:26 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,293 Times in 501 Posts

If common sense was the norm then we would all be geniuses. It’s ok to admit poor choices of words. Hell I do it on a daily basis...my family tells me that
The Following User Says Thank You to Copo_Cartel For This Useful Post:
cook_dw (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 01:30 PM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cook_dw View Post
Ok I'll play along..

Actually I never called you a douchebag personally but the comments made were of douchebaggery.. But feel free to think it. This is after all an open discussion of opinions. Again you are making assumptions of how the accident happened. I would have never said a word if your thread content would have been.. "What a tragic lose of life" or "Hate to see the couple and their Camaro meet their demise." Or better yet. Admit your thread title was stupid and I'll stop voicing my opinion of your comments.

Also "spot the warning signs" of an accident? Is this liberal speak? Just trying to understand your thought process..
Now you are openly trolling me. There is no reply needed I am not jumping into the mud pit with you
Old 06-16-2018, 12:20 PM

Here is the wrap to the story which shows the car prior to the crash and better describes some of the emotional history which sadly includes a fairly recent homicide.

https://meaww.com/read/news/couple-k...cousin-funeral
Old 06-16-2018, 12:51 PM

"accelerated all of a sudden..." I wonder if this may be another case of the infamous GM motor mount breaking causing the rod connected carb linkage to pull the carb open? 68 Camaro sure fits the time right. Maybe it didn't have the recall cable to upper A-arm tether in place. I see these at car shows once in awhile.
Old 06-16-2018, 01:44 PM

Cristo over at GM heritage recently described to me how an owner of a 1969 Caddy tried to sue GM over a defect that was identified in the early 1970s on a recall that caused a fire that destroyed the car and burned an occupant of the vehicle.

With the help of the researchers at Heritage the suit was dismissed by the judge when GM was able to prove the car was already modified with aftermarket stuff.

As crazy as it sounds this kind of claim has already been tried against GM in the past, but always where the responsible party survives the wreck and tries to blame anything or everything on anybody else.

If the driver in this accident would have lived and the wife did not then it’s a Vehicular manslaughter charge and after he goes to prison he is getting civilly sued by the wife’s family. That is just how it works these days.