Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

View Poll Results: How would you restore these race cars if you found one of them.
Restore the car stock 11 18.97%
Restore the car to as raced 47 81.03%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2023, 04:13 PM

It’s amazing to me how good that green 69 looks in the dark green w cragars compared to all the other pics . And I like some of the others.
The ralley green pic is that the same car? Dint like it nearly as much in that color w that stripe. It still looks pretty beefy in the bottom stock pick compared to many I see stock. But that too pic although likely mainly still fairly original overall looks amazing!
Now that we have a. Pretty good idea where the votes are going, I can share my thoughts
I personally think it’s a shame that so many cars have lost what made them so special in the 60s and 70s and went back to stock . Stock was a starting point. That’s about it , I feel like no one left a car completely stock unless it was your dads car or you were a total dork! And let’s face it even the dorks didn’t leave them stock ��. So many weren’t stock that it became cool to put them back to stock . But now so many are stock it’s cool to have the ones that arent stock but period correct, and to me the dealer owned race car is the best of both worlds. It’s what the guys who bought them stock were trying to emulate when they bought. Win on Sunday sell on Monday wasnt a saying for no reason. But that’s just my .02 what do you guys think?

Last edited by turbo69bird; 01-26-2023 at 04:23 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to turbo69bird For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (01-26-2023)