Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Technical & Restoration

Old 01-18-2023, 12:35 PM

Default 69 Chevelle headlight buckets

Does anyone know the correct sequence and letters used for installing headlight buckets for a 69 Chevelle? Read conflicting answers on the Chevelle site and none of the answers match the assembly manual. The Chevelle site comes down to two ideas. Starting from the drivers side ABDC. If I try that the passenger side ends up with the headlights sideways. The next idea is ABBA. This would work but doubt it's correct either because it doesn't follow the assembly manual. The manual has part numbers for the assembly so that would include: headlight, ring, screws and the bucket. The inner assembly left and right are the same so those could be B. The outer left and right assemblies have a different number so they probably aren't both A. If they aren't in the correct order they won't be centered in the headlight bezel. If anyone needs help turning a five minute project into a multi day event let me know.
Dustin
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 01-21-2023, 11:51 AM

Thanks for the replies but was asking about the actual headlights. The buckets that are held in by two adjustable screws and a spring, have markings on them too. I need to stop being lazy and learn how to post pics of this project.
Old 01-21-2023, 02:11 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

I guess I need to read the thread a little closer too. I can't recall the headlight bucket sequence off hand. The headlights themselves only fit correctly into the appropriate bucket. The last time I did these, I put low beams and high beams in their correct buckets to identify where they needed to be positioned. If the ones you are using came out of the car you are assembling, then this should work. I have some NOS buckets in the basement, I'll try to locate them and see if I can offer more help with part numbers and locations.

PS. I also can take a 20 minute project and turn it into a 2 day project.
Old 01-21-2023, 03:54 PM

Default headlight buckets

Have a 69 chevelle front apart, headlight buckets have A On outer low beam and B on inner high beam same markings left side and right side, hope this helps. Tony
Old 01-21-2023, 04:04 PM

I just dug up an NOS ring, part number 5963887. The parts book shows that for Left and Right Inner. It is also stamped B. This matches Ragtop's statement.