Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 09-08-2019, 02:17 PM

Ziggy, I'm about 1 hr west of you and been with Hagerty for my cars about 5 years now.
Few things for you to look/think about:

1. Make sure your policy has 19A rating for loss/replacement. It's the agreed value rider of the policy that even with or WITHOUT a recent appraisal you still have coverage to the agreed amount on the policy, which your paying premiums for anyway.

2. There are other companies with what I've seen with better coverage and less restriction then Hagerty. They are also about 1/2 the price of Hagerty's yearly premium. BUT the 2 I heard of require an appraisal, either every 3 or 5 years. So at about roughly $500.00 give or take, it might be wise to look into that. AND they don't have that extra $40.00/yr Hagerty "fee". Your car being "stock" and not modified would work elsewhere.

I didn't swap my insurance on my previous car as it wasn't worth it $$$ wise. It was 19A @ $27,000.00. So it was only $233./yr. So would have taken too much to get the $$$ back. My current car, 1967 Nova SS is class "modified" with all the stuff changed, like BB 427, Heidts front clip, mini-tubbed. BUt once I get my other 2 Nova's ready (1966 SS BIG BIG motor tubbed X-racecar and 1969 SS396 with ZL-1), I will get all 3 appraised and see who offers the best for my. Current 1967 with "modified" coverage is $600.00/yr roughly.

If you want for future info, I'm with Zehr (like the grocery store name) insurance brokers in New Hamburg Ontario. Out by Kitchener/London area. I have NEVER been to the office. Just phone and email conversations. I have moved ALL my insurances there in the last 4 years (house, car and motorcycle) as there coverage per dollar was alot better then Statefarm I was with for 33+ yrs. Can speak with Richard Zehr and let them know I sent you.

NOW lets see some Nova pictures PLEASE, John Clawsie
'78 Z28 32,000 survivor, Og Yellow paint, AC.
'69 CANADIAN Nova SS 396/350 hp
'67 CANADIAN Nova SS 427 10 sec. driver
'66 CANADIAN Nova SS Race Car
'61 CANADIAN Pontiac Bubble top 409+/4sp (SOLD)
'31 ALL STEEL Chevy P.U. GONE (EX-WIFES NOW)
The Following User Says Thank You to EZ Nova For This Useful Post:
ZiggyL78 (09-09-2019)
Old 09-08-2019, 06:59 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igosplut View Post
Canadian paperwork?
Yes. GM Vintage Report and Protecto-Plate.Build sh is probably still in the car.
Old 09-08-2019, 07:04 PM

Check with mk insurance here, not only are they a sponsor that helps keep the site going, but the one claim I had in the last 10 years was taken care of with no issues and the staff was very helpful (Jackie and Tammy) with the actual ins company.

https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=107

Highly recommended.

Rich
PeteLeathersac (09-09-2019)
Old 09-08-2019, 07:12 PM

Thanked 1,694 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69LM1 View Post
Check with mk insurance here, not only are they a sponsor that helps keep the site going, but the one claim I had in the last 10 years was taken care of with no issues and the staff was very helpful (Jackie and Tammy) with the actual ins company.

Highly recommended.

Rich

x2

Dykstra Motorsports
Old 09-08-2019, 11:52 PM

Thanked 1,113 Times in 327 Posts

X3 for MK. Also, they give members here a discount.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:47 AM

Great info John. Thanks very much. I am fairly sure I have the 19A rating.Worth checking though. I have had 3 claims and no problems. I called them on the Nova and she said the book value was 93.5K and if anything happened they would pay me and also give me back the car at no charge.

Since all their policys come standard with Roadside Assistance I figured that was what the $40 fee was for. Everyone gets that. That's their minimum coverage. Their top Roadside Assistance is a good deal and makes CAA look like a joke.
Unlimited tows up to 250 KLMs. They will even pick up your car at your house and deliver it to a shop and then pick it up and bring it back to your house! Try that one with CAA.
They will tow any car that you or your family is driving at the time. Always a flatbed.
They have all the other services like battery and gas.

All pics are on the link in post #8.I can't load pics on this site so I used a link with Kijiji.

Thanks again.
Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Nova View Post
Ziggy, I'm about 1 hr west of you and been with Hagerty for my cars about 5 years now.
Few things for you to look/think about:

1. Make sure your policy has 19A rating for loss/replacement. It's the agreed value rider of the policy that even with or WITHOUT a recent appraisal you still have coverage to the agreed amount on the policy, which your paying premiums for anyway.

2. There are other companies with what I've seen with better coverage and less restriction then Hagerty. They are also about 1/2 the price of Hagerty's yearly premium. BUT the 2 I heard of require an appraisal, either every 3 or 5 years. So at about roughly $500.00 give or take, it might be wise to look into that. AND they don't have that extra $40.00/yr Hagerty "fee". Your car being "stock" and not modified would work elsewhere.

I didn't swap my insurance on my previous car as it wasn't worth it $$$ wise. It was 19A @ $27,000.00. So it was only $233./yr. So would have taken too much to get the $$$ back. My current car, 1967 Nova SS is class "modified" with all the stuff changed, like BB 427, Heidts front clip, mini-tubbed. BUt once I get my other 2 Nova's ready (1966 SS BIG BIG motor tubbed X-racecar and 1969 SS396 with ZL-1), I will get all 3 appraised and see who offers the best for my. Current 1967 with "modified" coverage is $600.00/yr roughly.

If you want for future info, I'm with Zehr (like the grocery store name) insurance brokers in New Hamburg Ontario. Out by Kitchener/London area. I have NEVER been to the office. Just phone and email conversations. I have moved ALL my insurances there in the last 4 years (house, car and motorcycle) as there coverage per dollar was alot better then Statefarm I was with for 33+ yrs. Can speak with Richard Zehr and let them know I sent you.

NOW lets see some Nova pictures PLEASE, John Clawsie

Last edited by ZiggyL78; 09-09-2019 at 06:50 AM.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69LM1 View Post

Highly recommended.

Rich
I believe there one of the companies I tried but they CAN NOT insure us Canadians. But I could be wrong.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyL78 View Post
Great info John. Thanks very much. I am fairly sure I have the 19A rating.Worth checking though. I have had 3 claims and no problems. I called them on the Nova and she said the book value was 93.5K and if anything happened they would pay me and also give me back the car at no charge.

Since all their policys come standard with Roadside Assistance I figured that was what the $40 fee was for. Everyone gets that. That's their minimum coverage. Their top Roadside Assistance is a good deal and makes CAA look like a joke.
Unlimited tows up to 250 KLMs. They will even pick up your car at your house and deliver it to a shop and then pick it up and bring it back to your house! Try that one with CAA.
They will tow any car that you or your family is driving at the time. Always a flatbed.
They have all the other services like battery and gas.

All pics are on the link in post #8.I can't load pics on this site so I used a link with Kijiji.

Thanks again.
Ken
Umm I HAD Hagerty Plus when I had them insure my 1961. But I was told that benefit was ONLY for that particular car. So being I have a business and drive about 70,000kms/year, I went with CAA. Will have to compare/see and if this is the case, will drop CAA and go back with Harerty.

Thanks for the info Ken.

The only reason I brought up the 19A is it's bad enough IF something happens, but even worst that the implied coverage the agent said just isn't that. I went though this exact issue with our business benefits. We have a small kitchen cabinet company. My parents own it, so dad got a brain tumor back 2014/2015. So then he couldn't get out-of-country insurance to go to his house in Phoenix Arizona. His friend sold benefits and said IF he got the company benefits, he qualifies as they HAD to take all employee when the policy starts. So we did it, benefits for 5 employees and my 2 parents, they were mid 70's at the time. AND it was only $300.00 more for EVERYONE then dads last insurance cost. So he covers everyone's costs. Well dad past away in Arizona last January. He was supposed to have a "standard" life insurance policy of $50,000.00 that both him and my mom divided 50/50 between wife and myself when we first got the policy. Agent said wwe had it and even had them BOTH name beneficiaries. After dad passed we were going through our paperwork and said the company has a 50K policy, NOPE it automatically STOP and you get disqualified at 75 yrs old??? Dad was 78 when he passed so doubt he had insurance ever.

NICE car. T400 car too.

John
The Following User Says Thank You to EZ Nova For This Useful Post:
ZiggyL78 (09-10-2019)
Old 09-10-2019, 02:05 AM

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dActivated=tru

PICS HERE.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:08 PM

Very nice Nova!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Nickey Nova For This Useful Post:
ZiggyL78 (09-13-2019)