Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 02-24-2004, 01:55 AM

Default Earnhardt Intimidator in FL

Hi, I have no interest in this car, but there is an Earnhardt Intimidator SS w/98 miles for sale by me. Email me at [email protected] for more info. Like I said, I have no interest in the car but thought someone here might be interested.

Oops, could a moderator move this to the sale section, sorry.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:42 AM

Default Re: Earnhardt Intimidator in FL

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, I have no interest in this car, but there is an Earnhardt Intimidator SS w/98 miles for sale by me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you not interested? What car number is it?
Old 02-24-2004, 03:23 AM

What I meant was that I don't have an ownership interest or any relationship with the owner, I just saw it for sale and thought someone here might be interested. Here are the specs: 2001 Intimidator SS, #15 of 30, personally autographed by Dale, Sr. 98 miles, $60,000. Ph. 239-657-2563. Just trying to hel p it find a good home.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:56 AM

Thanks for the clarification.

Matt at GMMG took a keen interest in building the Intimidators in conjunction with the late Dale Earnhardt Senior. Some folks say it is the best looking late model Supercar produced to date and Not just a decal package.

Indeed, the car should find a good home.

BTW, there were 83 cars built in the series. Car # 13 was never built.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:13 AM

Yes, It is beautiful and the horsepower designation of 381 for all of the DEI cars was a great idea. Hope someone here takes advantage.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:05 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the clarification.

Matt at GMMG took a keen interest in building the Intimidators in conjunction with the late Dale Earnhardt
BTW, there were 83 cars built in the series. Car # 13 was never built.

[/ QUOTE ]

#01 was a 2000 model and the first prototype(Sr and Jr debuted the first two prototypes at the 2000 Charlotte Winston cup race,with Sr blowing his engine and Jr smoking his brakes)Of the 30 signed cars,#1-28 are included with those two prototypes.#46,#50,&#52 were signed for California customers.

It should be noted that the legacy of these cars was furthered when Dale Jr won his first Daytona 500 on the third anniversary of his fathers passing,and the third anni of this cars production run.

This car is pretty far from a simple graphics package.It embodies the spectrum of the camaros evolution(Dale's father Ralph raced a 67 Z28 on short tracks) and Sr was very passionate about what went into this car.

These were only availible through DE chevy in Newton NC.Sadly he left before seeing any of his cars delivered,the production was cancelled and only 83 were built.History repeats and 60k will be peanuts in a few years,if you look at the allure of the Yenko/Gibb cars(who were hobbyist racers)how do you compare it to a chevrolet's most famous factory driver/dealer of all time?..not to mention how many more cup wins/championships Jr will add to it's history.Hindsight being what it is,how many of those 69 ZL1's were sold initially?
Old 02-26-2004, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

#01 was a 2000 model and the first prototype(Sr and Jr debuted the first two prototypes at the 2000 Charlotte Winston cup race,with Sr blowing his engine and Jr smoking his brakes)Of the 30 signed cars,#1-28 are included with those two prototypes.#46,#50,&#52 were signed for California customers.

Thanks for your reply Late Brake. You seem to have a good grasp of these special cars.

I also own a Intimidator and have some info that might interest you. Please contact me at the following email address:

[email protected]
Old 02-28-2004, 07:18 PM

All of the GMMG cars will be considered a wise investment as time goes by. Rarity unto itself does not make something desirable. Quality and historical significance do. Matt Murphy has made an effort(and successfully in my opinion) to produce vehicles which are designed for both the performance enthusiast and the collector to enjoy now and in the future as these cars continue to increase in value. Each of the GMMG cars offers something to a wide range of enthusiasts depending on your particular tastes, whether it is an Intimidator, ZL-1, Tom Henry, Berger, Hot Rod or any other car they develop. Although I am obviously biased, I believe any of these cars will be a good investment.

By the way, Craig I hope all is going well.

George
2001 Dale Earnhardt Intimidator Phase II #50
Old 02-29-2004, 10:44 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself! Quality, integrity, and hard work are just a few of the traits that come to mind when I think of GMMG.

'67 RS/SS 350
Old 02-29-2004, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

By the way, Craig I hope all is going well.

George

[/ QUOTE ]

Howdy George,

All is smooth in my neck of the woods...hope the same is the case for you.

BTW...how do you like your Intimidator now that it has the phase II package?