Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 06-30-2020, 12:10 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedder View Post
I was judging Bow Tie class at the Corvette Museum in 96 or 97...beautiful 1975 Convertible with sub 2,500 miles was going through PV and the owner was cautioned about using the original tires, but did any way. Left rear quarter was busted up pretty bad when the tire blew.
Thanks Zedder, That's the nightmare, although I would never do a PV with the tires and IMHO the NCRS PV judge should really refuse (safety Hazard) to ride in a car with the tires... after all you have to drive at highway speeds and accelerate to 90% of redline etc for the PV.

FWIW I remember the story about the 1000 mile 73 Super Duty which lost a tire or two...

Zedder if you are still looking for a LT1 I know of a one owner 71 Steel Cities over black 33k mile 2 top original paint roadster in the low 40's and a 72 LT1 coupe Original paint Targa blue over black - one owner until august 2018 and had the brochures and dealer paper at that time- now priced in the -mid 30's.
NEITHER is showing any head lamp bar rivet swells what so ever.
NCRS#65120
68 GTO HO 4 spd Alpine Blue /Parchment 2 owner car
#21783 71 Corvette LT1 45k miles Orig paint - Brandshatch Green - National Top Flight - last known 71 LT1 built.
71 Corvette LT1 42k miles Original paint - Black - black leather - only black LT1 known to exist.
NUMEROUS Lemans blue Camaros,
Monza Red and Daytona Yellow Corvettes
& a Chevelle or two...
Survivors, restored cars, & other photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos
Old 06-30-2020, 12:34 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanks Jag...I appreciate you offering to help out. I need to get the Camaro home and in the garage before I consider something else. I just started working 3 days per week 2 weeks ago due to the Covid shut down up here and I am nervous about spending anything more right now (plus our dollar is super low against the US buck). I’ll probably leave the search on hold until this thing is behind us. I’ll reach out to you when I am ready again.

BTW, both LT-1’s sound awesome!

1996 Carrera & 1993 Fat Boy