Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Chevrolet

Old 01-27-2019, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Papsun View Post
This is an update for the Camaro, Chevelle, and Nova cars.

1965 through 1972 for Camaro, Chevelle
https://www.chevymuscledocs.com/

Historical Document Services
1965-1972
BEGINS MAY 1

National Corvette Restorers Society is pleased to announce that we can now provide certain information for model years 1965 through 1972 for Camaro, Chevelle and Nova through the efforts of the NCRS and permission granted by General Motors. We believe our fellow hobbyists and car clubs have desired this information since it became available for Corvettes several years ago.

The information consists of the dealer code, dealer name, dealer location and the production date the car was produced. The good news is this may allow you to find the original dealer where your Chevrolet Camaro, Chevelle or Nova was shipped and possibly open the door to finding more information about your Chevrolet.

A Camaro, Chevelle or Nova Shipping Data Report can be ordered only online. Membership in NCRS is not required. The fee will be $50 payable by credit card or PayPal. You will receive via USPS a letter with the information which includes the NCRS official seal. In limited cases the dealer code is not available or readable and in this case a full refund will be made.

www.chevymuscledocs.com.

Regards,
Drew Papsun
Thanks drew...…
Old 01-30-2019, 08:05 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Block Bill View Post
It's been close to 5 years since this was posted so I had to ask, has the NCRS found anything on full size Chevrolet's out of the St Louis plant yet or will they not support the full size cars?

Bill
I had emailed last year and the response was basically "Sorry, no full size". I don't think there are any plans to go big car.
The Following User Says Thank You to mssl72 For This Useful Post:
Big Block Bill (01-30-2019)
Old 01-30-2019, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreekDave View Post
Frank Z wasn't around until ~1972. Ray Bryant was the dealer on Brown Street that Frank bought out in 72-73 timeframe.

A sale to a GM division is usually a car for the executive pool and these sometimes are purposed for engineering testing or as a "company car" for travel between divisions etc. After about 6 months they were usually posted on bulletin boards or in the division newsletter for sale to employees. They couldn't be sold as new but did have the remainder of the new car warranty. My folks got a few cars this way. Never heard of any hi-po cars. Mostly high-line Caddies or Buicks but also many plain janes.
Friend of mine got a 69 Z like that from a GM guy named Jim Clark. They had put an LS6 in it, and he got the 302 with it also.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreekDave View Post
Frank Z wasn't around until ~1972. Ray Bryant was the dealer on Brown Street that Frank bought out in 72-73 timeframe.

A sale to a GM division is usually a car for the executive pool and these sometimes are purposed for engineering testing or as a "company car" for travel between divisions etc. After about 6 months they were usually posted on bulletin boards or in the division newsletter for sale to employees. They couldn't be sold as new but did have the remainder of the new car warranty. My folks got a few cars this way. Never heard of any hi-po cars. Mostly high-line Caddies or Buicks but also many plain janes.

My Dad worked for a GM affiliate, Allison Transmission in Indy and this Camaro was an executive car, that he purchased after its 6 mo or so cycle in the pool. It was seriously loaded.

Old 02-01-2019, 01:57 PM

Anyone by chance have a dealer name for Zone 8 Dealer code 546?

In Georgia I believe. NCRS does not have the dealer name but did have this 546 code for my 69 Chevelle 300 SS. Dealer #545 was River Chevrolet so I'm probably looking for an old dealer name starting with an R in Ga or SC.

Old 02-03-2019, 09:41 PM

Default Dealer

Lynn:
See what you can find out about Seltzer Chevrolet. Their location; "Yukon is part of zone 23 and I don't have a dealer number for them and they fit into the dealer number you are looking for. This is a Dec 69' ad. I see ads from 68' - 71'.
Paul
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2019, 10:53 PM

Just sent in for the ncrs reports on both my 69 chevelles! Kinda excited as I have no real history on either cars! I was told my 300 hardtop raced here in Michigan for a while but came up from the south!
1978 chevy shortbed stepside
1983 chevy shortbed
1985 chevy shortbed
If a hammer and duct tape wont fix it u have electrical problems!
Old 02-04-2019, 04:04 AM

Thanked 2,473 Times in 1,154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsc66 View Post
Lynn:
See what you can find out about Seltzer Chevrolet. Their location; "Yukon is part of zone 23 and I don't have a dealer number for them and they fit into the dealer number you are looking for. This is a Dec 69' ad. I see ads from 68' - 71'.
Paul
Thanks Paul. I have several old Seltzer Chevy ads. I worked right down the street from them. My first Z (Silver w/ black stripes) came from there. Had a dealer installed cross ram before I got it. POP was in the glove box, but I pitched it as being "useless". Just as well. The car ended up with a 427 L72 engine, wrapped around a telephone pole, and was parted out and crushed.

I don't know if it would help, but Seltzer became Alan Merril Chevrolet in late 71, I believe. I tried to find a dealer number for them but never did.

I know Seltzer sold a ZL1, I think car #61. I thought the one they sold was white, but CRG shows it as fathom green. I guess I could run the NCRS on that car and see if it is the same dealer code.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS View Post
My Dad worked for a GM affiliate, Allison Transmission in Indy and this Camaro was an executive car, that he purchased after its 6 mo or so cycle in the pool. It was seriously loaded.

Check out the Toranado... nice! Wern't those front wheel drive with the 455?

The RED RED 67 RS/SS 350 is nothing to sneeze at, I would take it over the T-nado any day...
How often does one see a RED RED first gen F BODY Convertible decked out like that... looks like it has redlines as well?!
NCRS#65120
68 GTO HO 4 spd Alpine Blue /Parchment 2 owner car
#21783 71 Corvette LT1 45k miles Orig paint - Brandshatch Green - National Top Flight - last known 71 LT1 built.
71 Corvette LT1 42k miles Original paint - Black - black leather - only black LT1 known to exist.
NUMEROUS Lemans blue Camaros,
Monza Red and Daytona Yellow Corvettes
& a Chevelle or two...
Survivors, restored cars, & other photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos

Last edited by firstgenaddict; 02-04-2019 at 04:30 AM.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstgenaddict View Post
Check out the Toranado... nice! Wern't those front wheel drive with the 455?

The RED RED 67 RS/SS 350 is nothing to sneeze at, I would take it over the T-nado any day...
How often does one see a RED RED first gen F BODY Convertible decked out like that... looks like it has redlines as well?!

The Tornado was a 455 FWD. Dad bought new in 66.

Mom's Camaro was 350/295. Powerglide, Posi 10 bolt, PDB, red lines, AC, tilt, cruise, PW, deluxe red, luggage rack, fold down back seat, am/fm, etc... plus all the stuff you can see.

Really a great car. I learned about cars working on it as a kid with dad, valve job and stuff. Wreck's Incorporated, a giant junk yard in Indy called about a week after we sold it in 1975 to say "we have your car". The guy who bought it totaled it before he even transferred the title.