Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 03-22-2002, 10:44 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Enclosed Trailer

Looking to buy a new enclosed trailer. I am looking at (2) brands a Haulmark 26' Edge and a Vintage Intimidator 26' I like some opinions or comments on these trailers. I am going by faxes sent to me . Appreciate any feedback.
Thanks, Mark

Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 03-22-2002, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Enclosed Trailer

Mark, I have had 5 Haulmark trailers in my time and never had a bit of trouble with any of them. I recently purchased a 26' white Haulmark elite 2 which I am pleased with. The Edge trailer you are considering is an excellent choice. If you are looking for a great deal I suggest Trailer King in Poughkeepsie NY. The phone # is 845-454-7500. Good Luck! KP
Old 03-22-2002, 11:48 PM

I too bought a haulmark trailer from trailer king a few years back. White 24 ft enclosed, no options. They had the best price in the area. They put a trailer brake in my suburban as well. I was happy with the service.
Old 03-23-2002, 12:25 AM

I have a 22' haulmark that tows great. Get the electric jack and the winch and you too can become as out of shape as me!
Old 03-23-2002, 12:56 AM

Mark, I also have a 24 foor Haulmark and I am very happy with it. You should think about the electric winch though,as there have been times it was very useful and worth the price.

[Edited by Souperhigh (03-22-2002 at 07:56 PM).]
Old 03-23-2002, 01:24 AM

Mark

I have a 24' Haulmark Elite II. I also have had very good service from it in over 20,000 plus miles. I put a winch and black/white tile floor in myself. Get at least a 24', as the extra room is nice for hauling all the extra's, tools, cleaning supplies, luggage, etc. One thing I wished I had ordered is the in floor spare tire pocket. I mounted mine against the wall, but it would be nice to have it hidden away. Some of the cheaper trailers have the floor/wall joists and studs on 24" centers. The better trailers are on 16" centers. Mine has the Dexter rubber ride axles also, which give a far superior ride and tow easier. I looked at Wells Cargo also, but didn't think it was worth the extra money. If you want to go deluxe, buy a Featherlite. The best price I think you will find anywhere is Mobile Structures Inc.(MSI) in Elkhart, Indiana. They are just a few miles from the Haulmark factory and have very good no haggle prices.
I saved over $ 2200.00 by going down there and picking it up. I think they advertise 250 trailers in stock and probably have 50-60 car haulers at any time. I don't have their number handy. Send me a message back, if you can't find it in information and I'll dig it up.

Vern Bauer
Old 03-23-2002, 07:28 PM

visit www.mobilestructures.com. have a very nice web site.PH is 888 haulmsi.Earl

[Edited by mnyenko (03-23-2002 at 02:28 PM).]
Old 03-23-2002, 10:26 PM

I've got a 22' United Expressline I bought from MSI in '95. I've been very happy with it. What ever the brand I'd make sure floor beams are on 16 inch centers.... too flimsy on 24 inch centers. At the time United Express offered the best value and MSI had the best pricing.
Old 03-24-2002, 02:59 AM

I am not trying to put down the other mfgs, (there are a few top quality mfgs) as I have had a few trailers, but when I haul my prized possessions, they get to ride in a Wells Cargo.
Old 03-24-2002, 03:39 AM

Thanks guys for all the imput, I am looking at a 26' Vintage Intimidator with a Winch, Cabinets, Workbench, Escape Door and the Flooring Upgrade. Anyone know anything about this brand?? It is $2,000 More than the Haulmark Edge and I am trying to justify the price jump. Any opinions or any comments? Much thanks again,
Mark