Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 07-20-2020, 12:04 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

So, 2 -3 weeks out for your listing to post, is that what you meant? Seems like a fun site but not sure I like the peanut gallery comments that are allowed. Of course, I always have something constructive to say!

Cheers
Dave
Old 07-20-2020, 12:19 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Once they accept your listing and you pay your listing fee it will take 2 to 3 weeks for the listing to go live. They have one of their people create the add.
69 L78 Nova
69 L34 Nova
67 SS Chevelle
73 Trans Am
Old 07-20-2020, 12:24 PM

You can go on there and check past results and see what your vehicle might bring. They use market data including their own to determine reserve. Unique or vehicles that are hot can do well.
Old 07-20-2020, 12:30 PM
SCR Sponsor

Thanked 3,139 Times in 914 Posts

I have used them before, and will be using them in the near future to list a couple of cars. Yes, they do dictate the reserve. I almost did not go through with it due to that, but I thought I'd give it a whirl to see what happens. I suppose the risk one may endure is no different than running a car through a conventional auction (without the sheer expense)

BaT is engaged with you on the details of the listing before it goes live. I also like it because of the amount of pictures and videos you can place in the ad (given the nature of the vehicles this site caters to, that is a real plus). As mentioned, what they charge is a bargain for the quality of the ad. I like the idea they place a 5% hold on a C.C. once a bid is placed (that IMO, keeps the BS down and limits some of the bottom feeders). In addition to all of that, I like the idea of the auction being extended for 2 minutes once a bid is placed in the final moments of the auction.

What they did prove to me is bringing qualified buyers. The people who contacted me were asking all of the right questions. At no point did anyone ask me what the reserve was. I too was a bit skeptical of the comments. There were a couple of people who were focused on some petty items. After all......... the comments though gave me the feeling that this is a community of enthusiasts who enjoy the hobby, and many can afford to indulge.

The results? We settled on a reserve of 38k for the 76 Trans Am I had (and that took some arm wrestling). The car brought 50k. In fact, the car brought the last 10k in the last 10 minutes.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...ac-trans-am-5/

If you'd like to chat Dave, feel free to PM your number.

Tim
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to napa68 For This Useful Post:
MosportGreen66 (07-20-2020), RPOLS3 (07-20-2020), Tenney (07-20-2020)
Old 07-20-2020, 03:54 PM

Guessing pretty much everyone swings by BaT for a look at the latest cars/comments. Buyers get plenty of time to vet and the last few minutes can be pretty entertaining, as with Tim's Trans Am.

If you're busy w/other stuff or just prefer not to be involved in the process, there are facilitators you can employ who have a shorthand w/the BaT team and will represent your car ...

https://bringatrailer.com/member/wob/

BaT was recently acquired by Hearst, btw ...

https://www.autoweek.com/news/indust...ing-a-trailer/
The Following User Says Thank You to Tenney For This Useful Post:
EPL (07-20-2020)