Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 10-29-2015, 12:13 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Cars you DID NOT BUY.

Well you might know the car I let slip through my fingers was the yellow 69 Camaro of Jeff's (SS427COPO). In 1974 we sold it for $2600.00 with a Booth-Arons 427 engine. Looking back then I had too many toys for a 24 year old, A Black 73 SJ Grand Prix,A 63 Split window Corvette with flared fenders and a tunnel ram. A silver 68 GTO pulling a metalflake silver Wreidt spoiler 455 Olds jet boat. A road race inspired 750 Honda, A H2 750 Kaw drag bike.We were racing a Pro stock Vega and building a Pro stock Monza for next year.The reason was everything was cheap and I wish I could have kept them all,but was always out of room. Working for a dealer , my shop stalls looked over the used car lot and I could see the porters taking plates off the trade ins before any one else. At least I had the chance to race the yellow Camaro before we got the next faster car.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:14 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nova7579</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VintageMusclecar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2005: I'd just sold my Pro Street `67 Chevelle and was on the hunt for a restoration project. I highlighted the details of the full story elsewhere on here, but in a nutshell by sheer happenstance I happened to find the current owner of my first `67 SS396 Chevelle. It was on a car lot here in Ohio. </div></div>

WOW...those pictures were taken at a little lot between Lima and Elida right on ST RT 309.

Brina </div></div>

Sounds about right.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:28 PM

Two that I remember most from the same visit about 15 years ago or so. Fella in the KC area had recently listed a '70 LS6 Chevelle that I wanted to look at. I remember he lived on an acreage outside of town and took me for a test ride on the county highway by his home. I had never been in one of these and will always remember the unique sound and ride as he showed me its capability. I passed on that car but he said he had another vehicle in his pole barn he wanted to show me that he was thinking of selling. He took the cover off a '62 Chevy bubble top 409. Beautiful car....blk ext/red int if I remember correctly. I passed on this one as well but gave the lead to a CA member here that I believe ended up purchasing it. If I had more room and more $$ these would have both been great additions.

As it turned out shortly thereafter I became aware of a documented '70 LS5 Chevelle SS convertible in PA. I ended up purchasing this car for $33,000 so my pain was short-lived I guess you would say.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:49 PM

Thanked 1,761 Times in 742 Posts

LS6 Chevelle. My Dad saw an ad posted in the bathroom at Vettefest in 1987 or 1988. Shadow Grey, white buckets/console, cowl induction, born with drivetrain/TH400/4.10. Needed work on the quarters and to be put back together and painted, but came with loads of spares. $3k for everything. I had recently purchased the 72 I still own and was probably too much work for me at the time at 17 or 18 years old. Good friend bought it, fixed it right, and still has it.

Dykstra Motorsports
Old 10-29-2015, 05:21 PM

Thanked 1,379 Times in 670 Posts

Jake, bet that is beautiful in that color combo, any pics?
John 10:30
Old 10-29-2015, 06:05 PM

Thanked 3,778 Times in 1,598 Posts

----Jake,,,Are you talking about Bob Ss 70? And,,,what are the Dykstra's bringing to MCACN this year????.......Bill S
Old 10-29-2015, 06:23 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: olredalert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">----Jake,,,Are you talking about Bob Ss 70? And,,,what are the Dykstra's bringing to MCACN this year????.......Bill S </div></div>

Yep that's the one.

Dad will have the 409 in the 409 Display - looking forward to seeing you.

Dykstra Motorsports
Old 10-29-2015, 06:25 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: markinnaples</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jake, bet that is beautiful in that color combo, any pics?</div></div>

No pics Mark - sorry, yes it is beautiful.

Dykstra Motorsports
Old 10-29-2015, 06:30 PM

Thanked 3,778 Times in 1,598 Posts

----Jake,,,Bobs car isn't Shadow Gray, although it looks like it. Bob discovered that it was a special order color. I have no idea why though. Ive made several attempts to get him to bring it to MCACN, but he resists. I think people would love to see it......Bill S
Old 10-29-2015, 06:34 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: olredalert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">----Jake,,,Bobs car isn't Shadow Gray, although it looks like it. Bob discovered that it was a special order color. I have no idea why though. Ive made several attempts to get him to bring it to MCACN, but he resists. I think people would love to see it......Bill S </div></div>

Wow - I did not know that, all these years I thought it was Shadow Gray. I know he has a build sheet - is that called out on it? It's been about 5 years since I last saw it at his house.

I agree - it has been out of circulation for so long that most have not seen it and are not aware of it. I think the last time I saw it out was when we all went to Byron for a track day something like 10 years ago.

Dykstra Motorsports