Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2018, 08:37 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts
Default So what's in a name, anyway???

Hmmmm, Yenko.net. Create an account. OK. Create a user name? Hmmmmm...(sound of pencil tapping one's forehead whilst looking skyward) "Username...username....What's a catchy username????"

Which leads me to this thread! I'm not sure if it was posted yet or not, since I can't get the search function to work on this thing. Which, based on my Native American heritage, I was going to go with BigChiefNoSearch as my username, but it was taken so I decided on A12pilot. Why A12pilot? Many think that it's because of the Beater Bee and it being an A12 then adding to that, being a pilot, was the natural selection. Well if you think that, you'd be wrong. The A12 is a road that runs Northeast/South in England from London and the Coastal town of Lowestoft where, on special occassions, Pilot whales congregate. I'm an avid whale watcher (only on TV) and with my English heritage (Hello? I'm from NEW Jersey...where was the OLD one? Engand!!!) so I thought merging them together would be just a natural thing to do!

OK, well actually it's because of the car, and also the A12 was the predecessor to my dream machine, the SR-71. So there's some aviation in there being a pilot and the car thing added to boot! Many don't know the early A12 designation of the SR-71, but some do.

So how'd you decide on your name?

Cheers

Dave
The Following User Says Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
SS427 (06-11-2018)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry xmasshow (600x450).jpg Conventionhallchristmas (800x600).jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...