Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Ford-Mercury

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2018, 09:31 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,378 Times in 752 Posts

Got everything buttoned up today. Yesterday I reinstalled the upper and lower control arms, washed out and re-greased the wheel bearings, and after remembering to borrow the coil spring compressor from my buddy, I was able to install the coil springs. They just needed that inch or so of arc, to get them back into position to be able to swing the lower control arm up with the floor jack. Today I finished up the brakes and sway bar end links and lubed the ball joints and tie rods. Took her for a ride and she really does ride nicely now. Especially with two functioning shock absorbers in place.

The old boat actually did a one legged burnout while attempting to get up to speed with traffic on a local road. Those 2.8 rear gears are rather hard to get moving but once they do, it actually pushes you back into your sofa when the four barrels kick in.

I am thinking about swapping out the steel rims and hubcaps for some later model Lincoln turbine wheel. It would save some weight, look classy and get rid of the really out of round steel wheels. The first 20 years of my grandfather commuting over all those New York City city potholes did a number on those rims
Attached Images

Last edited by njsteve; 12-30-2018 at 09:35 PM.