Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 10-16-2010, 02:19 AM

Default Re: E-Bay '69 Yenko Disguised As a Z-28 Clone!

Does this car have a vinyl roof? If not now, did it ever?
Old 10-16-2010, 03:35 AM

Nevermind, found the answer.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:49 PM

I was speaking more about the 140 speedometer than the tach holes... it was clearly seen in the ebay auction. I was simply stating that the plastic dash housing is correct and likely from the original RG Yenko Camaro...its the rest of the body that's not been confirmed as original to date. Does the body shows signs of original RG paint, replaced firewall, etc. as you suggested earlier in this thread? Still haven't seen or heard any more info on this.

Good to see you're still updating this thread with pics, I am looking forward to seeing pics of the body.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:12 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,126 Times in 331 Posts

Thanks Joe - I'm working hard on the ownership and experience history of the car right now. My wifeand I split our time between our home up north and our place in FL. I'm in FL now. The car is covered and pushed in the corner of my building. As I stated before the information came to light about the Yenko being in a severe accident in Lancaster in 1984, there is lots of evidence of this car having its cowl and part of the floor/hump replaced. There is original blue under several layers of paint on the cowl (car with cowl vin was original blue). There is green under lots of undercoating and paint on the right frame extension @ rear wheel well (no blue found in rear). It does appear that the entire car was white at one time - still trying to figure that out. There will be lots of photo documentation during disassembly - right now I'm working on the history of the car. The only work that I did on the car was to replace the clutch - it was slipping so badly that I had trouble driving the car into my building and moving it around. That's when I first noticed the original BB cross member. Also, the sub frome has been straightened on the right side. The rails are so wide that I had to pry them inboard about an inch to get the cross member bolts re-inserted.
That's all I have to report for now.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:52 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bergy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> There is green under lots of undercoating and paint on the right frame extension @ rear wheel well (no blue found in rear). It does appear that the entire car was white at one time - still trying to figure that out. There will be lots of photo documentation during disassembly </div></div>

Sounds promising... looking forward to seeing this.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:45 PM

Bergy, sounds like things are starting to make sense. It must be the subframe that was in the car when it was hit hard. Did you have to pull the pass. side rail towards the pass.rocker to get the crossmember back in position?
Old 10-18-2010, 10:50 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JIM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just a little FYI in @84 that car was listed for parts in the Sell-it or Tradin times. A very good Camaro buddy went to see it the night the add hit. It was in the bottom of a bank barn in Lancaster back in the sticks . When he arrived 2 guys were blowing the interior out of it, doors (PS damaged badly),were leaning agaist the wall and another couple of people yanking the rear out. The engine and trans ended up in a Chevelle local to that area. He wound up with the hood off of it which I moved many times, it was slammed on the pass side and rolled under, so hard it broke the 427 emblem on that side. I spoke with him about the car tring to find what happened to it. I just questioned him again about what he saw that night He told me the car was hurt very badly on the pass side pillar and cowl and front , slammed something that didn't move !!!! It was stripped to a shell and sold off in hours that night. The hood is still arround as a wall ornament !!!!

Jim </div></div>

Jim,

I assume you recall this encounter via the vin# - but just to be sure, it wasn't vin #615844? This vin was also a rg y-camaro that was in the general Lancaster area, and appears to have been run hard. It eventually went out of state where it met it's demise, [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img] Just want to make sure of the vin's - not questioning anyone's memory here!
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, &amp; 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
Old 10-19-2010, 06:10 PM

Just to be VERY clear: my inquiry about vin #615844 is an effort to maintain clarity between two similar cars/situations, and therefore not confuse Bergy's purchase with another car.

For the record:

VIN #615844 is also a Rallye Green Yenko Camaro, also sold new in PA (Marshall Chevrolet, Reading, PA), likely also an 03B car, also a VT &amp; PS car, but had an A/T when sold new (it later had a 4sp I believe). This car also led a hard life, and the title activity ended in PA between '80 - '86. This car ended up on the used car lot at Wenger Pontiac GMC in Quarryville, PA in '84, and was sold to a guy in Nottingham, PA with 105k miles. The title was purged from PA records in '86. The car ended up in Maryland in Dec. of '86 with 68k miles, was resold in Aug. of '87 with 161k miles. I spoke to the last owner in MD who confirms that he personally wrecked the car 2x, with the second accident completely totalling the car. He had no idea that it was a Yenko, nor that it was originally RG - until I mentioned it, then he recalled the RG paint under the sill plates. This car had some accidents, some mileage issues, etc... and I just wanted to clear the air to ensure that JIM hadn't laid eyes on this particular car.

Nothing more, nothing less!
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, &amp; 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
Old 10-19-2010, 07:52 PM

good detective work. How about some me some info on my &quot;By Berger&quot; Z/28. Having no luck at all! Anything would be a plus.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:26 PM

Thanked 1,126 Times in 331 Posts

Not sure how a car that was totaled in 1987 (or later) in Maryland enters into the discussion of a car hit hard in the cowl 1984 parted out in PA that same year. Thanks for the info though. I'll add it to my search list to verify that the MD car had a continouos registration history through the 1984 period - sounds like you've already verified that though. If so, you could save me the trouble with accessing microfilm if you don't mind sending DMV copies. Thanks Marlin