Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale

Please note

Old 07-10-2008, 12:08 AM

Default Re: zl1 aluminum heads,fresh 074s

"a complete disregard for my property. This is disgusting."

I agree Chuck. I hope they are in the same condition as when they left your hands.

ttt
How much for a nice stock set of 840 heads? Dates really don't matter, as long as they're a matched set. I missed out on a rebuilt set of 840's that sold on ebay for $980.00.
My proxy bid was low by a few bucks. I was out wake boarding.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:05 AM

Chuck. Those heads are boxed in "thee" same boxes you shipped them in, with the same stuffing you put in the box. If your offer to meet the shipper half way in travel, you can unbox them in front of him. I't 45 minutes for both of you. He's looking forward to it.
Peter
How did I know this was going to end badly??!
Old 07-10-2008, 02:58 AM

As the recipient of these heads, I have some thoughts on the subject.

1. The boxes used to return items to the seller are the original boxes he used to ship to me.
2. In my experience, shipping companies ie. UPS, DHL, Fedex, etc... are seldom gentile. Whether a package is "fragile" or not.
3. Any lack of "respectful" treatment for these items was NOT from me.

On a similar subject:
I recently sold a set of NOS 1964 Hemi K code heads $$$$ on Moparts.
When I shipped the set to the buyer in Little Canada, Minnesota, I did not use a cardboard sleeping bag box.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:31 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

I read Chucks concern as not the box itself but the way the heads were packaged within the box - "Heads are freewheeling in boxes and float 8 inches in every direction","The extra set of guide plates i sent along are all in the box banging around"
Old 07-10-2008, 04:12 AM
Yenko Paid Member

Ive shipped parts for 26 years,no aluminum head or 20.00 part for that matter has EVER left here freewheeling 6 inches or better in all directions with absoluetly no regard for the contents.You stated on the phone today that "lets cut to the chase we are both car guys,these heads dont break" ,so why were you so concerned about your mopar heads packaging and not MY aluminum heads???Probably because you had no financial interest in them??Any story,blame, excuse or outside opinion on this doesnt warrant the way i received these heads.After my conversation with you today Chuck it was evident you werent happy being the middle man dragging these hgeads to Michigan after you received them,and then told to bring them back and then sending them back again here ,and the packaging shows that. All the contents tossed about with guide plates all clanging inside and im sure no interior packaging around thye heads just probably on the bottom[yes they were boxed within the box when sent and the heads were tight. .You also stated one box was bent in half when you received it,for one thing its funny that you remembered that now ,but didnt see a need to change the box before returning it. Ill video tape the opening of the boxes,ive learned one thing from this post .Document EVERYTHING
Old 07-10-2008, 06:25 AM

Chuck,
I can understand your frustration with this item sale. I assume that you have a good reputation as a supplier of these types of parts.
The haziness of what constitutes "stock" and/or "unported" caused these events. It seems you are misdirecting that frustration with a packaging issue.

It is very simple:
IF the heads were what the buyer was expecting,
THEN we would go on with our lives never knowing each other existed.
You weren't concerned enough to figure out how to ship a heavy object properly. So now it is my responsibility?
I never tire of doing favors for friends. Although you are right about "dragging" the heads back and forth. It was very inconvient finding a spot for them in a 48 foot trailer and the extra diesel we consumed added weight might raise the planets temperature.
Do you see what I am getting at here?
This is a joke.
People are dying of disease, famine, war and I have wasted enough time on this.

I am not into keyboard muscles.
If you have a problem with how the packaging looks, meet me in Old Saybrook and I will video tape you while you video tape the box opening.

Or call me on the phone. You have the number.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:51 AM

I sold Chuck(427King) an air cleaner years back. He did not think it was as I described it and sent it back. He found a new box for the air cleaner and it came back to me packed much better that I had packed it. I thought I had it packed pretty darn well. Chuck took the extra effort to make sure I got the air cleaner back as delivered. Just my experience.

Jason
Old 07-10-2008, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I sold Chuck(427King) an air cleaner years back. He did not think it was as I described it and sent it back. He found a new box for the air cleaner and it came back to me packed much better that I had packed it. I thought I had it packed pretty darn well. Chuck took the extra effort to make sure I got the air cleaner back as delivered. Just my experience.

Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

Jason - you return parts for the big players but you forget all about the small guy? You screwed my brother over so damn bad with a Hurst shifter boot. The thing went for top dollar and you wouldn't even entertain a refund, not even if he ate the money to ship it back. My brother is a member here, paid at that, and even if we thought the description did not match the item it did not seem to matter...

I don't want to step on anyone's toes here, especially since I'm sticking my neck out, but let these guys settle their issues privately. Like Chuck (427king) said, enough of the outside commentary.

-Dan
Old 07-10-2008, 04:51 PM

I bought a set of heads from him and they were exactly as described and very well packaged. I couldn't have been happier and would not hesitate to buy anything he has advertised. I recommend him as a source for quality original/NOS parts to anyone looking for something hard to find.
NCRS#65120
68 GTO HO 4 spd Alpine Blue /Parchment 2 owner car
#21783 71 Corvette LT1 45k miles Orig paint - Brandshatch Green - National Top Flight - last known 71 LT1 built.
71 Corvette LT1 42k miles Original paint - Black - black leather - only black LT1 known to exist.
NUMEROUS Lemans blue Camaros,
Monza Red and Daytona Yellow Corvettes
& a Chevelle or two...
Survivors, restored cars, & other photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos
Old 07-10-2008, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bought a set of heads from him and they were exactly as described and very well packaged. I couldn't have been happier and would not hesitate to buy anything he has advertised. I recommend him as a source for quality original/NOS parts to anyone looking for something hard to find.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you're talking about Jason or Chuck, but I have bought from both in the past with ease, which is why something as trivial as a shifter boot threw us for a loop. I am not bad mouthing him for not having top notch parts, thats most certainly not the case! His discounts for members are awesome too! I was just shocked he would not take care of his own, thats all.