Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 12-31-2021, 03:54 AM

Wow, had no idea Lynn is an attorney, obviously. I love reading stuff like this. I think I must have been a lawyer in a previous life.
Old 01-18-2022, 10:53 PM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

The LEO robbers have been busy in California. Sheriff's Deputies have completed a series of Illegal Roadside Seizures resulting in what else? A lawsuit of course.

Armored Car Company Sues Fed Law Enforcement, CA Sheriff After Trucks are stopped and the contents seized.

Since May 2021, Empyreal’s vehicles were stopped and searched by sheriff’s deputies five times—twice in Kansas and three times in San Bernardino County, California. The three San Bernardino stops occurred over the course of just eight weeks, including a stop as recently as last January 6.

Although none of these five stops led to an arrest or even a traffic ticket, three resulted in the seizure of all the legal deposits in Empyreal’s vehicles, totaling over $1 million. Each time deputies seized these legal proceeds, they handed them over to federal agencies to take through federal forfeiture procedures. If successfully forfeited, up to 80% of the proceeds taken through the federal “equitable sharing” program would then return to local sheriffs to spend as they please.

https://ij.org/case/empyreal-forfeiture/
Old 01-19-2022, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 copo View Post
Yes, stolen by members of the reservation and the reservation LEO’s were in on it.
That's a different story then I was told from the man that was FIRST offered the Camaro RIP!
It was relayed to me that they went after the truck and the car was a bonus. Once it was known and the value, the rez cops were brought in to PRESERVE the car and help keeps things calm while getting it returned. I was told they also wanted to keep the motor, but my guy said no. He told me he made it clear that car was to be returned IN ONE PIECE with no damage. He had his security outfit watch the car while it was out there.

That is the story from the rez side.
'78 Z28 32,000 survivor, Og Yellow paint, AC.
'69 CANADIAN Nova SS 396/350 hp
'67 CANADIAN Nova SS 427 10 sec. driver
'66 CANADIAN Nova SS Race Car
'61 CANADIAN Pontiac Bubble top 409+/4sp (SOLD)
'31 ALL STEEL Chevy P.U. GONE (EX-WIFES NOW)
The Following User Says Thank You to EZ Nova For This Useful Post:
Tracker1 (01-19-2022)
Old 01-19-2022, 01:07 PM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Nova View Post
That's a different story then I was told from the man that was FIRST offered the Camaro RIP!
It was relayed to me that they went after the truck and the car was a bonus. Once it was known and the value, the rez cops were brought in to PRESERVE the car and help keeps things calm while getting it returned. I was told they also wanted to keep the motor, but my guy said no. He told me he made it clear that car was to be returned IN ONE PIECE with no damage. He had his security outfit watch the car while it was out there.

That is the story from the rez side.
That is a different way of looking at the same outcome. Why did the reservation cops "take no sides" with the allegation of a crime in progress and fail to enforce the law when they could have easily coordinated with off reservation LEO or the Mounted Police and simply arrested the crooks?

True story... On the way to Chicago years ago thieves tried to make off with my entire tow rig, hooked to my trailer, that contained a show car.

They accomplished literally thousands of dollars of damage trying to make off with the truck. They failed because I had installed many layers of anti theft equipment to slow them down.

There was blood in the cab where they lacerated themselves in the attempt.

Why was I so detailed with the layered anti theft equipment? Because I learned the lessons of COPO Pete and I knew that very likely LEO could not be counted on to investigate.

Sure enough:

So we get up go out to the truck first thing, glass from the window they broke to gain access all over the ground, the column was peeled--blood everyplace including fingerprints-- trailer jack was released and the rig was in a "ready to roll" configuration.

So the police arrive call it vandalism and tell me to turn it into my insurance company and then flatly refuse to investigate.

Technically they were just attempting to steal my truck. The enclosed trailer and show car was a "bonus".
Old 01-19-2022, 10:49 PM

Pete's car was not recovered without damage.
Old 01-20-2022, 01:22 AM

They tore up the motor and frontend curb hopping it. They did tell him that it was the fastest car they have ever stolen!

JJ was the lucky chosen one to go with Pete for the exchange. When they got to the meeting place, it was some old lady, she called and a young kid pulled up in the car.

This was not their first rodeo
Old 01-20-2022, 10:48 PM

It's just a Game to them.