Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 02-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default 1957 Corvette Vintage Race Car

Somehow I found myself owning three vintage race cars....so I have put the most pedigreed one up for sale.

This is an ORIGINAL factory Big Brake, Fuel Injected Corvette sold new in California. It was a drag race car in the Oakland Bay area from the 1960's-1970's, then in storage until the late 1980's when it was restored to a vintage road race car. However, after having it on eBay a fellow has sent pictures and history of what he believes to be THIS car racing at Laguna Seca in the late-1950's when his friend sold it to the fellow that started drag racing it around 1966. I am awaiting more details but the owner's names match up so there could be a huge bonus in this deal for a good car detective.

Recent history includes over 100 vintage races and at least 75 of those have had podium finishes. This car currently holds THREE track records at Laguna Seca, PIR, and Sears Point. In 2007, at the Monterey Historics, a Ferrari 250 SWB Sefac car driven by a pro driver started on the pole and recorded a top speed of 146. THIS car, in the same race, in the same group started 2nd and quickly passed the Ferrari to finish 1st and set a track record of 149 MPH.

There are more details listed here on my eBay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...LCA:MOTORS:1123

There is well over $300k in the building and development of this car into what is proven to be one of the best solid-axle Corvette vintage racers running today.

My reserve is $107k.

This is not a car that purports to be a "vintage race car" or "race ready," it is a proven winner at the most prestigious venues in vintage racing. A well known car that has had a no expense spared build and subsequent prep history. Turn key, ready to race tomorrow. If you buy the car we can take it to Firebird Raceway in Phoenix and your money back if you do not agree after 2 laps that it is the best sorted vintage race car you have ever ridden in. Bring your checkbook and a change of shorts

Of course, as an SYC Member and Sponsor I offer a 100% money-back guarantee if the car is not EXACTLY as represented. This is a world class race car for pennies on the dollar. I just have too many cars to race them all this year and it would be a shame to let this one sit. Will trade up to a proper Can-Am car if you have one, as that would be in a different group and I could run two cars that way....

Feel free to contact me for more photos or details if interested.

Colin Comer
[email protected]
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...