Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 09-25-2018, 12:56 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,136 Posts

Hmmm....oh, there's plenty I can't do! But, the good part about this is in case one career fails I'm all set for another!!

Cheers
Dave
Old 09-30-2018, 01:56 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

We stopped in on Ranchio del Molnario last week to find all the forms up for the shop/booth and Kelly's barn! Oh, and the house has a level pad too, but nobody cares about that!

While Kelly was enjoying a nice leisurely ride on the John Deere Z915E 54" Commercial Grade zero turn mower with optional Bimini sun top and adjacent cup holder, I finished about 90% of the exterior trim and started in on the installing singles on the roof. Next visit up there I should be able to finish it up on the outside with board and batten siding, a skirt to hide the concrete formers, and a paint finish to match the house. Form now, I'll keep this blue trap on the roof and apply for hurricane relief. What? A hurricane in central Tejas?? Yep... hurricane SuperDave!!

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2018, 02:39 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Wha... no basement? What you gonna do for protection when that hurricane hits?

This isn't rocket surgery.....
Old 09-30-2018, 03:11 PM

Thanked 2,473 Times in 1,154 Posts

I think a basement is the last place I would want to be when a hurricane comes through.
Old 09-30-2018, 03:15 PM

Thanked 2,489 Times in 1,139 Posts

Better then the attic.
Old 09-30-2018, 03:25 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

You know, I've only lived in Texas for about 12yrs, and I'm not really sure why they don't have basements down here. We had them in the Northeast and I loved having them. I think when General San Jacinto surrendered to Colonel Santie Annie, I think the stipulations of the surrender were unconditional laying down of arms, the returning his wooden leg, a Democracy installed with a cool state flag, and no basements. Although I wasn't a history major, so my details may be sketchy and totally inaccurate. I may or may not have been eyeing up the girl in the front row of class during that lesson in 5th grade.

Now, we do have the occasional tornado alert, so we may put in a shelter in the garage that's capable of withstanding an F5. But in talking to the locals, it is extremely rare that one touches down here. I asked the local lumber yard guy here, I says to the guy, I says, "Hey, do yous guys get those freakin' tornados and stuff here? " Once he pulled out his "NY/NJ accent to Texas speak" translation book everyone is issued down here, he tipped his hat and with a piece of straw in the corner of his mouth, replied, "Yyyep..."

So, we'll see. Our neighbors are installing one that could probably withstand Alpha Centauri slamming into the Earth, so we may just run over to their place. It even has satellite TV in there!

Cheers
Dave
Old 11-11-2018, 01:43 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

It's been deluge after deluge here in central TX the last few months and it seems the only rain in the area was directly over us every single time I picked up a hammer and a nail! I guess I should have picked up a screwdriver and some screws. Maybe that would have brought in some nice weather! Well, regardless.... minus the electrical inside, I'm happy to report the well thanks and future filter system are housed in style!

Some shelving inside will double for a mini-temporary tack room for Kelly until the barn is done, which we are STILL waiting on concrete. That's a whole 'nudder story Hopefully next week! More to come.... i'm itching to work on my Cuda!!

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2018, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A12pilot View Post
You know, I've only lived in Texas for about 12yrs, and I'm not really sure why they don't have basements down here.

Typically no basements in Texas due to soil conditions. Either shallow limestone or expansive clay that makes basement construction very expensive. Land is normally cheap and flat in most parts, so it's typically more cost effective to build a larger footprint to capture any additional living or storage space desired.

Am enjoying following your build.

Last edited by COPO; 12-01-2018 at 04:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to COPO For This Useful Post:
Darrellchevy (11-23-2018)
Old 11-15-2018, 02:03 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thank you for the info, and although it's not one of my highly enlightening and entertaining/informative car builds, it's as equally suspenseful...maybe

Barn is ready for concrete tomorrow!! Shops and house get poured this weekend supposedly!!

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images

Old 11-23-2018, 11:31 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Welp, let's see? MCACN? Nope.. couldn't make that. Turkey Day? Not home. Christmas? BWAHAHA! Yeah... won't be there for that either. What was I there for? CONCRETE CITY BABY!!! Everything is poured and we had a delivery of sticks for the house the same day. Monday the two shops start to go up as does the barn. And right behind those guys is the spray foam insulation guy. Everything should be up by next Friday. The following week 560 5"x7.5ft round fence posts show up along with 1600 2x6x8 fence rails. More on that later.

Once the barn is up I'll start trimming the interior with the stalls, subwall out the tack room and trailer/ tractor storage areas, and then finish it all in rough cut and smooth finish Cedar for that fresh closet/ horsepoop smell all horsey people seem to love. Oh yeah, this barn will rival the Anheuser Busch Clydesdales hang out! Yep... I'm talking beer taps everywhere!!

More to come next week. Happy belated Thanksgiving!

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
Caseys69 (11-24-2018), JBALL (11-29-2018), m22mike (11-23-2018), SS427 (11-23-2018), Xplantdad (11-23-2018)