Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Sponsors > Vintage Certification

Old 06-02-2011, 01:31 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: GM Nationals @ Carlisle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 69L78</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Every time I go to a Carlisle event it is very evident on how greedy they are getting IMO. It was evident at Spring Carlisle when they put the brick wall up out at the fence by gate 7 near the car corral. Anyone who was there will know what I mean. </div></div>

I saw that. They are getting very greedy.

Either way.... I will only be there on Thursday since my sister's wedding is Saturday and the rehearsal is Friday. Not expecting much in the vendors field this year.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:45 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fast67VelleN2O</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 69L78</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Every time I go to a Carlisle event it is very evident on how greedy they are getting IMO. It was evident at Spring Carlisle when they put the brick wall up out at the fence by gate 7 near the car corral. Anyone who was there will know what I mean. </div></div>

I saw that. They are getting very greedy.

Either way.... I will only be there on Thursday since my sister's wedding is Saturday and the rehearsal is Friday. Not expecting much in the vendors field this year. </div></div>It was not a BRICK WALL Just a banner to look like a wall. You have to hear both sides of the story. Its hard to keep everyone happy I guess.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,171 Times in 1,338 Posts

This event as you can see is shaping up to have fantastic gathering of cars, their owners and friends. To me it doesn't get any better.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 06-21-2011, 02:43 PM

Thanked 1,042 Times in 331 Posts

Congrats to all who put in the many hours of work making phone calls, sending letters and personally talking to the owners to make sure the Solid Lifter Showcase and the Vintage Certification program continue to not only flourish, but be the absolute highlight of this event.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
Old 06-23-2011, 01:31 PM

I have been judging the 2nd Generation LEGENDS Class for the American Camaro Assoc &quot;CAMARO NATIONALS&quot; since it started, some years ago.

I will be at Frederick, MD this weekend as that's where the show has moved.

This separtion and movement of the &quot;CAMARO NATIONALS&quot; is bad for the hobby, participants and spectators all around.

I'll never know the truth as to what transpired over the years, between Carlisle Productions and the ACA. I'll never know the truth what happened within the 1st Gen judging circle, that caused the &quot;divorce&quot;. I'm just a peon enthusiast from Seattle trying to help where I thought there was a need.

I have the greatest respect for the SCW gang and all their customers cars.

Now Carlisle has enlisted the help of their all star judging team to replace what the ACA has been doing for 12 years.

I sincerely hope in the near future all the owners and spectators can reunite at ONE Annual Camaro Show.

This is akin to brother vs brother in the Civil War.

Respectfully written and sadly submitted.............

Chuck Sharin
70 Camaro R/S Z-28, L-78, R/S SS
69 Camaro COPO &quot;recreation&quot;
Old 06-23-2011, 02:45 PM

I agree with you Chuck and I will be at MD also even though I am only 20 minutes from Carlisle. As for the judging circle, there should be way less bickering now since some of the judges are miles apart. It's sad sometimes, I always thought it should be more about the hobby and not so much as someone's ego.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:27 PM

Paceme Steve, When you get time would you post some pictures of the cars that you listed. I'd love to see some of these cars. Thanks
Old 06-26-2011, 03:52 PM

It must have been a last minute change Chuck, because your name appears in the Carlisle program.

Verne [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2011, 06:12 PM

Anyone have any pics??? thanks John
Old 06-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,171 Times in 1,338 Posts

The GM Nationals was very well received. Obviously no one knew what to expect, but I must say the show was well attended overall. I spent Thursday and Friday in the Solid Lifter Showroom and it was awesome. Mostly new cars displayed along with some very nice survivor cars. There were 4 ZL1's, 7 solid lifter unrestored cars, L89, L72's, Motion Chevelle and a host of others. I just set up a photo bucket account.

Solid Lifter Showroom
http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z334...02011/?start=20

The fairgrounds has many new exhibits and from what I heard they were also well received. I did spend time in the show field on Saturday and the field was filled with ALL GM models on display, Buick Stage 1's, Olds W30's Pontiac Ram Air IV and of course a nice display Chevrolets. One surprise for me was the vendor area was really buzzing with action. I in fact purchased one YH wheels, plug wire stands, wiring harness, thermostat housing and a jack assembly.

Was it different yes, but I must say it was very satisfying and it was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com