Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > In Memoriam

Old 06-22-2006, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Ok guys.. I have some super bad news.. Please help

I MET LARRY AT B/J IN 2005 AND AGAIN AT SCR O5. HE WAS A STANDUP GUY AND A ASSET TO THE HOBBY. MY CONDOLENCES GO OUT TO HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS. AS FAR AS THE ISSUE WITH HIS CAR BEING STOLEN, I THINK MOST OF THE POSTS HAVE IT NAILED DOWN.... KP
Old 06-22-2006, 08:15 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,966 Posts

After reading Ed's last post I thought it appropriate I offer an an apology to Larry's widow. . My previous comments of a 'woman's work' was more of a thought on the possible actions of ex-wives and not directed at Dee. .
Reading she is working w/ Ed & Perry trying to track down the crooks made me feel a need to clarify this and offer my apology. . Sorry also to anyone else that may have taken offence. .
My sincere condolences to Larry's family and friends. .

~ Pete
Old 06-22-2006, 11:42 PM

Wow...somebody wake me up,this must be a bad dream!

Seriously,I enjoyed reading Larry's postings and based on what I've read here,he was a standup guy who was highly thought of by all.People like him are what this hobby is all about.

Godspeed Larry...

'69 Z/28 Yellow/Aug '07 CHP cover car
'70 Z/28 R/S Orange/Jan '08 CHP featured car
'70 Chevelle SS454 LS-5 Red/Jan '11 CHP cover car
Old 06-23-2006, 01:03 AM

Default Re: Ok guys.. I have some super bad news.. Please

Wow, my condolences. I really enjoyed seeing his car at the reunion!
Peter
Old 06-23-2006, 03:08 AM

I just came down from my buddies place upstate and am really saddened by Larry's(Pantera's) passing.---I never met him personally ,but I learned quickly how determined he was about documenting his '70 B/M GT Vette as Joel's first publically released GT Vette as we would go back and forth thru PMs now and again trying to sort thru some facts.----I'm sorry to say we never could nail it down as 100%,but It was always great to talk to Larry who was an old BM fan like myself. I know he's in a better place and proably now knows the answer to his B/M GT Vette.-True Car Guy in every sense of the word ----My sincere condolences to his family--Joe
Old 06-23-2006, 04:19 AM

Like many of you I met Larry at SCR7, he was very outgoing and talkative, and humble. And as many have said, a friendly, knowledgeable, car guy!

He will be missed, our prayers ot his family and friends!
-Sam
Old 06-23-2006, 06:39 AM

wow i never met larry but by his posts i can tell he was a nice guy who loved the hobby, our prayers go out to larry and his family.-dave.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:19 AM

I talked to Larry some via email and PM's,trying to help him in his quest to document his New York Auto Show/magazine cover BM Vette.

Although my leads were futile,Larry was just glad to have a straw to grasp at,and seemed to very much enjoy the thrill of the chase.

IMO he was the ultimate car guy.He bought and held on to a couple of the rarest Vettes ever made,and enjoyed them for what they are. He never tried to capitalize on thier value,never had a bad word to say to anyone,and treated everybody he ever met like he would like to be treated. A rare breed indeed he was.

So I say don't mourn Larry's passing,because he lived a great life,experianced things that others can only imagine ,and brought joy to us regular car guys who could only dream of buying BM Vettes for $3200 dollars.He did his best.That's all you can do.

I'm sure the scum that defiled his legacy will be brought to justice.It's a shame it happened,but in this day and age it's not surprising.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:33 PM

I have not visited the site for some time. Shocked like everyone else I am sure is my first reaction at his Passing. "Not Shocked" by the Grave Robbers. I certainly do not condone their actions, and I hope all is well in the end of the story. That said, Most Importantly I must comment on the Loss of Larry. He and I talked Real estate and cars a few times and how he had set himself up for Retirement. He was a Hard working Man. the kind it seems there is not a whole lot of anymore. He cared for his family and their futures as well. He was a good contributor to this site as I saw him post helpful comments many times. the Forum has undoubtedly lost something special that is simply irreplaceable. To his Close friends here on the Board, I understand this is a sad time and wish you all a brief mourning period. Enjoy this Day and the rest that Follow as none of us know when our last breath will be drawn.
PeteLeathersac (03-28-2023)
Old 06-24-2006, 05:50 AM

I just came back online after a couple of weeks off, what a shock. Larry was a cool guy, I met him at the SCR last year, or the year before, talking corvettes with him was a blast. My prayers and condolences go out to his loved ones. As to his collection, I will tell everyone that I know. Rest in peace, Larry.