Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Sponsors > Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals

Old 08-27-2019, 08:52 AM

Default What’s It Take?...

...while attending the Supercar Reunion in Bowling Green, my buddy, who brought his copo 69 Camaro, inquired as to what it takes to get an invite to MCACN? Several members, quickly wanting to help, said to contact Bob Ashton. Upon returning home, I did just that. I sent “Bashton” a PM explaining in some detail why and what information I was after regarding MCACN. I never received a reply. After a more than reasonable time, I sent a reminder PM of my earlier inquiry. No reply. Mind you, this has been since the end of July when the inquiry began. Time is rapidly running out to make any preparations to attend this event. What must a person do to be given the courtesy and respect to receive a reply?
Or, since I have been made to feel “slighted”, who will petition on my behalf and talk to whoever can help? Thanks B.

69 SS/RS 396 M20 X22 Nor 12B,72B,712 bought 1979
FULL OWNER HISTORY
69 Dick Harrell tribute Day II 427 M20 4.10 X11 76 orig pnt, 711
67 Super Stock 302 Camaro re-creation

Last edited by bbbentley; 08-27-2019 at 08:57 AM.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 08-27-2019, 11:30 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Sounds pretty un-Bob-like. Here's to you guys getting in touch and your pal's COPO parked in a prime spot in November!
Old 08-27-2019, 11:53 AM

Thanked 1,694 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenney View Post
Sounds pretty un-Bob-like. Here's to you guys getting in touch and your pal's COPO parked in a prime spot in November!

Agreed - he's always responded in a timely manner.

Dykstra Motorsports
Old 08-28-2019, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbentley View Post
...while attending the Supercar Reunion in Bowling Green, my buddy, who brought his copo 69 Camaro, inquired as to what it takes to get an invite to MCACN? Several members, quickly wanting to help, said to contact Bob Ashton. Upon returning home, I did just that. I sent “Bashton” a PM explaining in some detail why and what information I was after regarding MCACN. I never received a reply. After a more than reasonable time, I sent a reminder PM of my earlier inquiry. No reply. Mind you, this has been since the end of July when the inquiry began. Time is rapidly running out to make any preparations to attend this event. What must a person do to be given the courtesy and respect to receive a reply?
Or, since I have been made to feel “slighted”, who will petition on my behalf and talk to whoever can help? Thanks B.
Did you send a PM or email? I also had this happen, but I sent Bob a PM here thru the site with no response so I sent him an email & bingo, he responded right away.
Old 08-28-2019, 11:12 AM

Yep, send an email.....and copy Vicki.

[email protected]

This being the 50th anniversary for 1969 the show will be amazing.
Bob has had to say no to a lot of great cars.....as everyone is wanting to attend this year....especially the Chevrolets, unfortunately MCACN can only allow so many in.

Bob will contact you

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
Old 08-28-2019, 11:24 AM

Yes, PM’d. Probably too late to be in the show, but I will try email. Thanks guys! And sYc!

69 SS/RS 396 M20 X22 Nor 12B,72B,712 bought 1979
FULL OWNER HISTORY
69 Dick Harrell tribute Day II 427 M20 4.10 X11 76 orig pnt, 711
67 Super Stock 302 Camaro re-creation
Old 08-28-2019, 12:44 PM

Thanked 1,042 Times in 331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbentley View Post
Bbbentley;

Sorry I did not see your pm. I get hundreds of pm's on about 30 sites. With limited time I sometimes wont catch a PM for months and sometimes not at all.

I checked my E-mail and see nothing, even today. My E-mail and phone number is all over, so I'm a bit confused? Also, you can submit an application through our website, www.mcacn.com which is easily accessible.

Vicki monitors my E-mails due to the volume and one of us responds usually within 24 hours unless we are on the road, which is quite often. Even then, the delay in responding is usually just a day or two,

Please send pics and information to [email protected] for consideration.

Thanks and hope to see you in November!

Bashton
www.mcacn.com
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bashton For This Useful Post:
bbbentley (08-28-2019), John (09-01-2019), Xplantdad (08-28-2019)