Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Sponsors > Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals

Old 02-11-2015, 08:40 PM

Default Barn Finds / As is / Hidden Gems 2015

Well I would say that MCACN 2014 had one heck of a Barn Finds / As Is display with some incredible cars (and truck).

I just read in Muscle Car Review that a entire issue will be devoted to just that section?! Crazy!

Bob has thrown down the gauntlet again and it is coming back! Barn Finds 2015, and I'll be there with my new book and everything.

What do you have? We're looking for a whole new crop of cars. Submit the car to http://form.jotform.com/form/91852225146 and put "Barn Finds" in the club section.

What did you guys think about last year?

Pictures in here about 2/3 of the way down the page.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipw...7647119371994/

Ryan Brutt
The Auto Archaeologist
Old 02-11-2015, 11:27 PM

Default Re: Barn Finds / As is / Hidden Gems 2015

Ryan,

The Barn Find.....was again OVER THE TOP! Great reactions from so many people I spoke with.

I have no doubt that you will amaze us all again in 2015!

The only thing that would make it better is if you erected a Real Barn and placed them all into [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Well done!

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
Old 02-12-2015, 03:36 PM

Thanked 1,048 Times in 332 Posts

This is clearly one of the most fun parts of the show. Between watching the reactions of people that know what the cars are and the reactions of those that <span style="font-style: italic">don't,</span> it is just plain old fun.

The other cool thing about this area is the amount of information that comes forward to the current owners of these cars. There have been some amazing connections made, and lots of missing pieces of the puzzle have come forward.

Hat's off to Mr. Automotive Archeologist for hosting this cool area of the MCACN show. Now...let's see what surfaces this year, bring 'em on!!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
Old 02-13-2015, 09:29 PM

Man, I really liked that SC/Rambler that was in there. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2015, 06:04 PM

Happy to hear you guys enjoyed the section and the unique and interesting cars that came together to make it. It has only grown every year that Bob has had it.

It is looking like we have some cool stuff lining up for this year!
Old 02-26-2015, 04:27 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,602 Times in 1,139 Posts

Last year was my first time attending the MCACN show and it was a Thanksgiving Day table feast that was chocked full of carburetors, chrome, cams, and everything else that touches any sensory device your body has and sends it into overload!!! Unbelievable, unimanginable, and unconstitutional are basicall the only adjectives I can use to describe this show. I brought up my A12 Super Bee to be displayed and couldn't have picked a better venue with better people to show the car off. I let anyone and everyone I could sit in my car, enjoy the &quot;smell&quot; of 1969 in the unrestored interior, and just tried to make everyone I talked to excited as I was about attending this show and being in the presence of the glory machines that Detroit made back in, what is my mind, the heyday of automotive stimuli. Ryan put on a great showing, we met some really nice people off this forum, and the only thing I can say is I hate Bob and everything he represents. He puts on such a great show you just want to come back for more! He makes you want to buy another car JUST to come up to the show again!!!

Great job Bob, Ryan, and all the others associated with making this show &quot;The&quot; show to go to. The Barn Find section was a blast and I can't wait to see this year's finds! I hope to be back next year with my &quot;Barn Find&quot; completely restored and have the original owner there to see it on display.

Cheers

Dave
Old 02-26-2015, 11:16 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A12pilot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Last year was my first time attending the MCACN show and it was a Thanksgiving Day table feast that was chocked full of carburetors, chrome, cams, and everything else that touches any sensory device your body has and sends it into overload!!! Unbelievable, unimanginable, and unconstitutional are basicall the only adjectives I can use to describe this show. I brought up my A12 Super Bee to be displayed and couldn't have picked a better venue with better people to show the car off. I let anyone and everyone I could sit in my car, enjoy the &quot;smell&quot; of 1969 in the unrestored interior, and just tried to make everyone I talked to excited as I was about attending this show and being in the presence of the glory machines that Detroit made back in, what is my mind, the heyday of automotive stimuli. Ryan put on a great showing, we met some really nice people off this forum, and the only thing I can say is I hate Bob and everything he represents. He puts on such a great show you just want to come back for more! He makes you want to buy another car JUST to come up to the show again!!!

Great job Bob, Ryan, and all the others associated with making this show &quot;The&quot; show to go to. The Barn Find section was a blast and I can't wait to see this year's finds! I hope to be back next year with my &quot;Barn Find&quot; completely restored and have the original owner there to see it on display.

Cheers

Dave </div></div>

Thanks for the kind words, Dave. You and your lovely wife epitomize what we are all about and it is great to see someone enjoying the MCACN show as much as I do! It is also cool to hear that you welcomed people to get behind the wheel, to actually see, feel, smell and touch. I am sure a lot of people went home and told stories of the crazy guy from Texas with the real 6-pack Super Bee!

And yes...you can bet that I will not forget about seeing that same Bee restored and back at MCACN!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
Old 03-16-2015, 02:07 AM

I'm happy to hear you guys had a great time and enjoyed the section! Can't wait to see the car all finished.

Maybe you need to buy another cool &quot;Barn Find&quot; and bring it to the section!

Ryan
Old 03-16-2015, 01:30 PM

I have been told we have some awesome coverage specific to the Barn Find/Hidden Gems area at MCACN 2014 in the April issue of Muscle Car Review. Can't wait to see it! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
Old 03-16-2015, 03:13 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

1969 Beaumont 350 Auto White Sold
1969 Beaumont 307 Auto Green Sold
1969 Chevelle SS 396-L35 Auto Blue Sold
1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass 'S' Sports Coupe W31