Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 01-12-2021, 04:23 AM

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined

Please tell me under the bonnet isn’t all blue. Check out the Blue Crock interior.

Last edited by Burd; 01-12-2021 at 04:31 AM.
Old 01-12-2021, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billohio View Post
I had the best cuban sandwich I ever had at a car show out of a food truck. Sad thing is, thats the only time they are close to my house.
We had one show that had several food trucks and the people hosting the show changed and they got rid of the food trucks so we had to eat at the local restaurants which there were not enough of. The porta potties also disappeared and they doubled the entry fee.
LOL We went to a show last fall and the promotor couldn't get the city to bring porta potties, they said because of the beer virus they wouldn't do it. Once the local businesses that were in walking distance got wind of that, they closed all public restrooms too. So we had about 150 cars out there, with even more people that turned into an angry mob that had to pee. It was funny, guys were hiding behind 4 foot bushes to go pee and the women were wanting to leave.
Old 01-20-2021, 07:34 PM

Here's a couple things I hate:

Leased Scat Packs. I work at a Dodge dealer. I see the damn things every day, yours ain't special.
Old farts that blow me off because I'm 21 and clearly don't know anything. Never forget asking a guy if his COPO Camaro was legit and getting a snarky "Sure." Alright pal, sorry you got called out on your clone by a (at the time) 14 year old.

People who are too concerned with how somebody else did their car. I'd gladly put a spoiler on a '67 Camaro or Firebird because I like how it looks and don't care if it's 'wrong.' I've got yellow plug wires on our '68 because I like 'em. Didn't do it for anyone else. (Note: This was kinda based off a few things in this thread- but I don't mean for anyone to take it personally. It's just my viewpoint)

Also sick of how every car these days is a super rare one of one. Especially when what supposedly makes it rare is something silly like a certain date code, or a lighting option, or heater, etc. Any option that didn't improve performance isn't really special to me.

The whole 'investment/market' mindset grinds my gears too. I'm into these cars because they look good, they sound good, they feel good to be in, and because I like seeing them, and how they were done at a certain point in time- whether it be a 90s Pro Street time capsule or a picture perfect Day 2 car.

I wouldn't care it these things were only worth $500 because that's not why I'm interested in them. Never was, never will be.

'68 Camaro SS (454/TH400, possible L78/M22) LeMans Blue, black deluxe interior, black vinyl top. 3.73- mostly Day 2.
'89 Mustang GT- 3.55, subframe connectors, muffler delete, and a couple other minor mods. Exactly as he wanted it, so how it shall stay

Also:
1995 Ford F-150 XL
2004 Dodge Ram Hemi GTX- #192 of 433

Ain't no fun in viewing your car as an 'investment'. Get out there and beat on it!

Last edited by JRC99; 01-21-2021 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-20-2021, 10:23 PM

Isn’t Scat, Cat or animal droppings (poop) ? Never got the Mopar thing
Poop pack? hmmm
Old 01-20-2021, 10:47 PM

Thanked 136,487 Times in 22,778 Posts

Quote:
The late 60s represented the fiercest period of competition between the Big Three (and to a lesser extent, AMC) for the attentions of speed-thirsty American buyers. By the time 1968 rolled around, Dodge was in the catbird seat with its line-up of fierce street machines, including the Dodge Coronet R/T, the Dodge Charger R/T, and the Dodge Dart GTS, each of which could be ordered with an (underrated) 375 horsepower, 440 cubic inch V8 under the hood. A 340 cubic inch Dart Swinger was also available, and of course 426 Hemi power was also in the cards for all three models.

What was missing, however was a way to unify each of these uniquely-named models under a single, world-beating banner – an issue that would only get worse with the introduction of the Dodge Super Bee mid-year. The problem was put to the talented team at the Ross Roy Ad Agency, which came up with the idea of the ‘Scat Pack’ designation that would encompass each of these cars. It was a play on words – the Rat Pack had been Sinatra’s gang of Hollywood pals that became legendary for their partying and the pictures they made together – and as such Dodge also created an actual Scat Pack Club that both owners and Mopar fans could join for the very affordable price of three dollars. For the money, members received a monthly newsletter, a quarterly magazine, a wallet card declaring their loyalty, a bumper sticker and jacket patch, and a racing guide.

The Scat Pack logo was a variation on the drag-racing Super Bee found on, well, the Dodge Super Bee, and collectively the group of cars was referred to as ‘the hive.’ The marketing team went on the warpath, blanketing dealerships, magazines, and television with references to ‘Scat City’ and the full line-up of Scat Pack cars. By 1970 the family had ground to include the Charger Daytona and the Dodge Challenger, and when the final year of the Scat Pack came to pass the Dodge Demon 340 was also included. So successful was the entire initiative that Plymouth got into the act with its ‘Rapid Transit System’ which would run from 1970 to 1972, and included the ‘Cuda, the GTX, the Superbird, the Duster 340, and the Roadrunner.
https://www.slashgear.com/a-brief-hi...hine-13467357/