Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Pit Area - Racing

Old 06-07-2016, 11:00 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Erica Enders

Well...It's 9 in a row for the KB racing team. 5 for Jason and 4 for Greg...that Hogan manifold must be working well for them and to have dominated so much this year. Bo Butner is right there as well so hats off to that team for getting the jump on this really difficult EFI system.

I am headed to the Summer Nationals in Englishtown New Jersey on Sunday to see Erica race. Have a few things for her and a few postcards for her to sign. Any one else going to the race this weekend?

Spirits are up at the Elite camp and gaining on this EFI set up every week...here are a few words from Erica about the team.

http://geigermediaglobal.blogspot.co...pro-stock.html

Dave
67 Nova Boy

Old 06-07-2016, 11:08 PM

They should have NEVER separated with Chevy ... just sayin' ... TAZ [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2016, 12:41 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: earntaz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They should have NEVER separated with Chevy ... just sayin' ... TAZ [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img] </div></div>

Would not have mattered any...Vincent is driving Erica's 2015 championship car now and is only doing a tic better. The EFI is kicking most of the teams butt! They have the H/P but have not figured out the right combination to make these cars run the numbers that need to be ran yet. Hogan/Wilson manifolds seem to help more and team owners have them locked up in contracts so other teams are out.Roy &amp; Alan Johnson are using Wilson manifolds and made it to the finals last Monday but was out ran by Greg Anderson. Teams are catching up and the KB boys know their winning ways are slowly dwindling!

I'm Chevrolet for life and said the same thing about Elite changing brands but its not the issue like we all like to think. Small gains are giant gains in the racing world today so be patient...it will be ok soon.

Psssssssst...I heard that a shifter slinging guy named Scardino was headed down on Friday to help out in the Elite pits to get them on the right track!

Dave
67 Nova Boy
Old 06-08-2016, 02:51 AM

You are a sick pup NovaBoy!
Old 06-08-2016, 02:02 PM

I wonder about the future of Pro Stock and the NHRA in general. They are not filling the 16 car fields in several classes.

My '68 Biscayne updates and fixes: http://tinyurl.com/Biscayne-My-Way

'68 Biscayne how I got it: http://tinyurl.com/Biscayne-Baseline
Old 06-08-2016, 08:13 PM

Thanked 5,349 Times in 1,876 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat_Dilling</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder about the future of Pro Stock and the NHRA in general. They are not filling the 16 car fields in several classes. </div></div>

Or the spectator stands...for that matter.... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2016, 09:43 PM

Neither is NASCAR -- tickets in some venues are dirt cheap ... it is sad when there are those that have &quot;priced&quot; themselves right out of existance ... TAZ [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2016, 11:58 AM
Banned

Thanked 1,490 Times in 610 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: earntaz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Neither is NASCAR -- tickets in some venues are dirt cheap ... it is sad when there are those that have &quot;priced&quot; themselves right out of existance ... TAZ [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img] </div></div>

Exactly. Why spend $50+ for one day at a NHRA event when you can spend $60 for the whole weekend at an event and see (in my opinion) better &amp; more interesting racing with classes like Radial vs The World, X275, Leaf Spring Shootout, etc..
Old 06-09-2016, 04:20 PM

SCSN (Street car super nationals) also ... In vegas every nov. 20 My wife and I found this race a few years ago and we've gone back ever since 100 bucks for 2 of us for 2 full weekend passes ... They get in about 8 to 10 hours worth of racing each day with a neat air show as the thunderbirds launch from Nellis
Old 06-11-2016, 02:35 AM

If NHRA would see what they're looking at, ..........

We've been going to Bowling Green, KY for the Nat'l Hot Rod Reunion since the inception, (this will be the 14th Annual) and have been to the March Meet in Famoso the past two years. The Nostalgia Shows are kicking A$$. The stands are packed for these events and the pits are crowded to see some virtual unknowns in the sport. Then you add some former and current 'Big Names' who have chosen to support the Nostalgia theme and you've got one helluva show. Cruz &amp; Gary Densham, to name a couple, are HUGE draws at these events and then you add Mike Boyd in the Winged Express, .......... and Adam Sorokin (son of Mike, the famed shoe of the &quot;Surfers&quot; ), ..... Damn folks, what more can you want?

Nostalgia is where it's at! I wonder why. Could it be that the cars don't all look alike: that the cars aren't all rolling billboards for corporate sponsors; that there are more than TWO TEAMS filling each category???? Nah, I'm sure the NHRA Desk Jockies know more than the fans and the racers!