Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 01-27-2018, 11:53 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Evidently, TWO, that are confirmed..... LOL
Old 01-27-2018, 12:13 PM

No offence to anyone but how many times have you heard of a BB Camaro and the guy blows it up and puts a SB in it and it ends up in his yard back yard rotting away?Just saying.

Evidently, TWO, that are confirmed.... LOL

GM
Old 01-27-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyL78 View Post
No offence to anyone but how many times have you heard of a BB Camaro and the guy blows it up and puts a SB in it and it ends up in his yard back yard rotting away?Just saying.
Ya gotta kiss a lotta frogs if you hope to find your Prince Charming! Just saying.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:40 PM

After reading this story I am always brought back to a time many years ago when I kept driving by a old trailer home with a 66 SS gold chevelle sitting in the front yard. After a couple of weeks I noticed that the grass wasn't being mowed and was just growing all around the car. Well I finally pulled in looked at the car and knocked on the door and a old woman answered the door. I asked very politely if the car was for sale. She said no and just slammed the door. I thought many times how she wouldn't even talk about it when I would have given her more than her home was worth. You never know what or why people do these things.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:49 PM

2 Copos were for sale at Bob's. The lemans blue one in the photo and a burnished brown Copo.

J.A. the owner of the copo above actually wanted the burnished brown car but on the day of purchase it would not start so he purchased the blue car instead. A local gent's brother worked for Bob's at the time and has been supplying the info.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrola View Post
After reading this story I am always brought back to a time many years ago when I kept driving by a old trailer home with a 66 SS gold chevelle sitting in the front yard. After a couple of weeks I noticed that the grass wasn't being mowed and was just growing all around the car. Well I finally pulled in looked at the car and knocked on the door and a old woman answered the door. I asked very politely if the car was for sale. She said no and just slammed the door. I thought many times how she wouldn't even talk about it when I would have given her more than her home was worth. You never know what or why people do these things.
I've never really been able to wrap my head around the thought process. I think some people just like to be able to say they own something, even if it's rotting away in the back yard. Others maybe a sentimental attachment. Sadly most cases end up for sale after the owner passes, by then it's a pile of rust and the family is left to deal with it.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x33rs View Post
I've never really been able to wrap my head around the thought process. I think some people just like to be able to say they own something, even if it's rotting away in the back yard. Others maybe a sentimental attachment. Sadly most cases end up for sale after the owner passes, by then it's a pile of rust and the family is left to deal with it.
I was looking at some land "out in the country ish" for development into mini farms and the old guy that lives in the middle of the property has a bad reputation so we steered clear of him. Other family members were trying to sell the land and kick him out. Ended up that a family member in New York bought the land and is planning to sit on it.

A couple of months later my business partner and I were out looking at some other land and we decided to drop in on the old dude just to introduce ourselves and hopefully take a look at all his stuff(maybe 50"+ cars/truck/boats/junk).

I drove back into the middle of the 100 acres +/- property and pulled up to the guys house.
I approached the house and he popped up from behind a tree and scared the crap out of me.

I introduced myself and told him that I had been out there a while back when the land was for sale and just wanted to shoot the breeze. After a few minutes talking about this and that I asked about all his stuff. He started telling me about it and I asked him if it was cool if we took a look see at his stuff. He said no problem and we all three walked around and talked about all his stuff.

There was an awesome old Allis road grader that I wanted but he said he may need it sometime(the dude is in his 80's). There was an early 70's COE Freightliner with integral sleeper that he wouldn't turns loose of. A '68 Firebird that was his wife's car. It was about to be laying frame on the ground. There was a '68 Camaro that was his. It had some speed equipment on it and he stated he was a street racer back in the 60's/70's. He was going to hold onto that car.

After a couple hours and a lot of cool stories and good junk we hit the road. Next time I go back I'm gonna ask to take some pictures and see if he wants to let go of anything.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernfriedcj View Post
I was looking at some land "out in the country ish" for development into mini farms and the old guy that lives in the middle of the property has a bad reputation so we steered clear of him. Other family members were trying to sell the land and kick him out. Ended up that a family member in New York bought the land and is planning to sit on it.

A couple of months later my business partner and I were out looking at some other land and we decided to drop in on the old dude just to introduce ourselves and hopefully take a look at all his stuff(maybe 50"+ cars/truck/boats/junk).

I drove back into the middle of the 100 acres +/- property and pulled up to the guys house.
I approached the house and he popped up from behind a tree and scared the crap out of me.

I introduced myself and told him that I had been out there a while back when the land was for sale and just wanted to shoot the breeze. After a few minutes talking about this and that I asked about all his stuff. He started telling me about it and I asked him if it was cool if we took a look see at his stuff. He said no problem and we all three walked around and talked about all his stuff.

There was an awesome old Allis road grader that I wanted but he said he may need it sometime(the dude is in his 80's). There was an early 70's COE Freightliner with integral sleeper that he wouldn't turns loose of. A '68 Firebird that was his wife's car. It was about to be laying frame on the ground. There was a '68 Camaro that was his. It had some speed equipment on it and he stated he was a street racer back in the 60's/70's. He was going to hold onto that car.

After a couple hours and a lot of cool stories and good junk we hit the road. Next time I go back I'm gonna ask to take some pictures and see if he wants to let go of anything.
That's hilarious!!
Old 02-01-2018, 08:16 AM

Dang! Looks like the original BB 2 piece throttle rod, BB clutch bellcrank, BB heater core cover, and all of the original disc brake parts intact.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:32 AM

Wasnt this car in Super Chevy Magazine back in the late 70's, maybe early 80's? I remember a car with paint very similar to this and the wheels too, if not the same car.