Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale

Please note

Old 11-14-2003, 03:26 AM

Default Re: Site with some good parts

Maybe this post should have it's name changed to "Site that doesn't deliver the parts!", or "Site that'll rip you off on parts!"
It was kind of misleading the first time I read the post title.
Old 11-14-2003, 02:05 PM

Well... thanks to LITTLE TOMMIE I'm here due to my posts on Team Camaro and Team Chevelle. That's the good news!
Bad news is... I'm being licked on like a lollipop.

At this point, I'm in knee deep. Mr. Frank Cummings or whoever he is communicated in well mannered and informative fashion when I showed interest in his imaginary parts. Since funds were sent I've been handed two false phone numbers, poor excuses and no information as to when the parts would ship. The address provided was...
16391 Wyndale Road
Abingdon, VA 24212
703-997-6021
I forwarded funds via a well know carrier and the envelope was delivered on a front porch. However, the front porch address that it was delivered to in no way the address I sent it to. Iím investigating as to how the delivery driver knew to forward this envelope to a different address.
Iíve made a request several days ago for my funds to be returned immediately and as you may suspect there has been no further contact from Mr. Frank Cummings.
As more unfolds Iíll be glade to post the information. In the meantime, I would ask everyone to post and inform all boards and sites that they visit. Iím confident that several other people have fallen victim since Iím currently in communication with a few individuals whom put trust in this lying and conniving deal.

Please contact me should you wish to share and/or obtain additional information.

Old 11-14-2003, 07:04 PM

I've wondered what was up with this situation. I was all over those "NOS Nova quarter panels" when this first came out. The responses I received were fairly timely and cordial during my initial inquiry process.

Once I stated my intent to purchase, my refusal to mail a payment, and desire to avoid high freight costs and risk in-transit damage by traveling to pay and pick up the parts in person, the quarter panels were suddenly spoken for by someone else.

Subsequent inquiries finally resulted in a email saying they've been sold and shipped. However, they are still listed on the website.

At least I'm not out any money. However, it really sucks for folks that are. It's a shame that people do this to others.

Old 11-14-2003, 11:35 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Well, beings as I am the one that posted the thing here in the first place, I feel pretty crummy. I apologize.
34 Ford Sedan..Hemi powered
Michigan/ Florida
Old 11-14-2003, 11:53 PM

Tony, don't blame yourself, this guy advertised on a bunch of sites. His prices seemed too good to be true and that's the first warning sign. Then he had pictures of other people's parts he took off Ebay and other sites and could never provide anyone with close up shots. Then the fact that he wouldn't let anyone stopy by his place, etc. That's why so many people around here ask questions, to get good references and opinions.
Old 11-15-2003, 12:10 AM

Thanked 3,688 Times in 996 Posts

S37678S..I hope you reported him to US Postal Servivce.. Isn't that Felony Mail Fraud ?
Old 11-15-2003, 05:20 AM

here is the address i was told to send 4,600.00 to on thur, nov 13,2003

> Send it to:
> Frank Cummings
> 3044 9th Avenue North
> St. Petersburg FL 33713

Old 11-15-2003, 03:23 PM

I did a people serch on YAHOO for CUMMINGS in ST. PERTERSBURG FL. and there were no listings. he is not there!!!!!!!!
so where is this guy at??????? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2003, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Site with some good parts... DON'T BELIEVE IT!

Well, I still haven't heard from the famous Mr. Frank Cummings. However, another victim and myself have been able to stop payment on the funds. I just hope everyone effected has the same luck. What a stressful and educational ordeal. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
I have filed a report with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Bureau of Consumer Protection. Hopefully this guy will be STOPPED.
Thank you to all whom shared information and good luck.
Old 11-15-2003, 09:44 PM

Maybe I'll put myself in a box a mail myself to that address and say HI to him for you fellas [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]....first I need to get vacation though!