Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 10-16-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashton View Post
VERY simple answer; this car was judged at MCACN as a DAY 2 car, NOT Concours Stock. Day 2 allows period correct replacement parts, including engines, trans etc etc.

I think in the transition between the several auction sellers this car has seen, the owners represented it to imply it was Concours judged and not Day 2. You'll see that none of the previous sellers offered to show the MCACN certifications, as they clearly say Day 2.

This is also the reason we changed the terminology for our modified cars to Blue, Red and White ribbon instead of Bronze/Silver and Gold, as some sellers would state their car was judged Gold at MCACN, and potential buyers would incorrectly assume it was Concours Stock.

Bottom line, as always, is that buyers need to do their due diligence.

Bashton
Thanks for the reply. I always thought the owner restored to "factory stock" as I've never seen it advertised as a day 2 car.

"And Bill did the restoration right, too, scoring a total of 992 points out of a possible 1,000 at the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals in nearby Chicago at the car’s first show outing. To top it off, the chief judge, noted 1960s Chevrolet authority Bill Braun, hand-wrote a note on the judging sheets saying that the three judges agreed that the L-72 is the correct engine for the car. While it’s not the definitive paperwork Bill needs, it certainly supports the case for authenticity."

In this HMM article, it says the 3 MCACN judges were checking to see if the engine was correct. As I recall, the handwritten note had something to do with the engine pad numbers looking ok. Are these numbers typically judged in the day 2 class to see if the engine is correct for the car?

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/articl...impala-ss-427/
camarojoe (10-20-2019)
Old 10-20-2019, 01:00 PM

^A very good question.