Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 04-28-2009, 07:14 AM

Default New Camaro.The dealers are on crack.

I just went down to the Chevy dealer by my job to see the new Camaro they have on display.Apparently many dealers got what looks to be a promo car that wasnt supposed to be displayed until May 6th,but they have them out on the lot anyway.They are 1LT's,red with black interior cars,with the 20" wheels and all the upgrades{except the V6}.The sticker says $28k,but there is a second sticker that says something like "Market adjusted value" on it with a $35k price.The dealer says thats a good deal since some other dealers are going up to 12K over sticker.I dont know about you,but I would rather just wait a few months and buy a V8 car.Whats really funny is that the person most interested in buying this car wasnt some collector looking to be the first kid on the block with the new toy,but rather a mother looking at the car for her daughter who simply wanted it because it was a cool looking red car,but was debating over the wait time that she would have to deal with to get her desired car with a sunroof.So this woman if going to spend 7K over sticker for a car that her daughter will either wreck or want to trade in for a Honda in 3 years.Oh well,I guess somebody has to buy it so that the regualr priced cars can get here sooner.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 04-28-2009, 07:21 AM

Default Re: New Camaro.The dealers are on crack.

The arrival date for the dealers here keeps getting pushed back. Don't remember the exact dates, but was supposed to be early May but now pushed back to the end of May, decent chance that it will be delayed further.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:33 AM

I predict that there will not be much demand for this car. You will be able to get one for invoice within three months. Trust me.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:25 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

This version of the camaro may be dead in a couple years also!
Old 04-28-2009, 01:46 PM

I see my dealer also has one sitting on the curb. Red V6 with a stick. I will try to get over there and report on the real 'out the door' price.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:36 PM

You would think GM would learn from the 04 GTO mess. Look what they ended up going for in the end. Chevy should sell them 2k under sticker and build as many as they can. Otherwise in 3 years there will be no more Camaro. If I was that young girtls father I would be over at the Ford Dealer getting a GT Mustang and keeping a lot of cash in my pocket. Are the Dodge dealers still playing this game with the Challenger ??
Old 04-28-2009, 05:06 PM

New car sales are at an all time low, however, lets "dealer markup" the new Camaro in an effort to show they want to turn profits.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I predict that there will not be much demand for this car. You will be able to get one for invoice within three months. Trust me.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is for sure. Maybe even less then that!!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
New car sales are at an all time low, however, lets "dealer markup" the new Camaro in an effort to show they want to turn profits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well they are in business to do that. Why should a businessman take less money than he can get for something? Nobody sells anything around here for less than they can get. If Camaros don't sell then they'll lower the price--slowly and in small increments--until they do.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just went down to the Chevy dealer by my job to see the new Camaro they have on display.Apparently many dealers got what looks to be a promo car that wasnt supposed to be displayed until May 6th,but they have them out on the lot anyway.They are 1LT's,red with black interior cars,with the 20" wheels and all the upgrades{except the V6}.The sticker says $28k,but there is a second sticker that says something like "Market adjusted value" on it with a $35k price.The dealer says thats a good deal since some other dealers are going up to 12K over sticker......

[/ QUOTE ]

Red RS 1LT 6spd only $28,000. Salesman says the dealer policy is not to exceed MSRP.

Rich, where are you located? I am in the land of the $4.00 bottle of water(The Hamptons), is gouging worse elsewhere?