Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 03-04-2014, 12:19 AM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts
Default Re: 1969 Copo ?

Yep that is the car alright. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2014, 01:40 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefano</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is exactly one of my main points, you have one CRG member who states that you cannnot certify a COPO without factory paperwork and/or original engine/drivetrain and you have another who does without any of the above. </div></div>
So?? How does that involve CRG? This is a stretch.
Neither are posting or appraising as the CRG. Affiliation does not make CRG complicit in their statements.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:10 AM

Did some one say that it had a shine heater box? looks like it has never be touched to me, also I NEVER seen a X11 with a 396!!!! someone also said it had the wrong fuel line (looks like a single 3/8 to me) NO cowl guts?? I can see in the picture the guts are there. ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT THE SAME CAR, If so I think some one is upset they didn't closed the deal before you Doug
Old 03-04-2014, 02:30 AM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZL1#61</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did some one say that it had a shine heater box? looks like it has never be touched to me, also I NEVER seen a X11 with a 396!!!! someone also said it had the wrong fuel line (looks like a single 3/8 to me) NO cowl guts?? I can see in the picture the guts are there. ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT THE SAME CAR, If so I think some one is upset they didn't closed the deal before you Doug </div></div>

Same car. It also needed rear floors because they were hammer modified for large dual mufflers.

It is Doug's car-he says it is a COPO so it must be. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2014, 03:30 AM

Here is a picture of the floors.....nothing needed replaced just a little straightening here and there. Most people would love to start with a car this nice and solid, it even has the original quarters along with ALL of the other body panels intact.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:48 AM

No guarantee of anything, but isn't that a small block clutch rod?
Old 03-04-2014, 12:20 PM

You guys can see what I saw and draw your own conclusion as to why I bought the car.... Visual inspection is far better than looking at a monitor.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:16 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kurt S</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefano</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is exactly one of my main points, you have one CRG member who states that you cannnot certify a COPO without factory paperwork and/or original engine/drivetrain and you have another who does without any of the above. </div></div>
So?? How does that involve CRG? This is a stretch.
Neither are posting or appraising as the CRG. Affiliation does not make CRG complicit in their statements. </div></div>

The CRG is a tremendous resourse, none of my points are meant to be derogagtory to the CRG.

I'll try to make my main point again; <span style="font-weight: bold">1969 COPO 9561 L72 Camaros can sometimes be authenticated, verified and &quot;certified&quot; without any of their original drivetrain and/or with out any dealer paperwork.</span>

Point number two: A &quot;core member&quot; of an organization which specializes in first generation Camaros facts/data/assembly processes etc. states the opposite while another &quot;core&quot; member of the same first generation Camaro &quot;organization&quot; routinely certifies such Camaros as COPOs and happens to state his core membership of CRG as a credential of expertise on his certificates.

Who is the ultimate &quot;voice&quot; for the CRG? Does the CRG have any, even one single 1969 Camaros in their data base, which do not have paperwork or numbers matching drivetrains, which are classified as 9561 COPOs or potential COPOs?
Old 03-04-2014, 06:05 PM

Thanked 2,132 Times in 667 Posts

Perhaps you overlooked one of my points in a previous post:

<span style="font-weight: bold">A case might be made for a car that was in untouched survivor condition but just happens to no longer have its original engine or paperwork. </span>

Why does it bother you that some CRG members disagree? Someone once said &quot;When two people in a business always agree one of them isn't necessary.&quot; We are no different than any other organization. Do you assume politicians, engineers, scientists, historians always have to be in agreement?
Old 03-04-2014, 07:56 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: William</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps you overlooked one of my points in a previous post:

<span style="font-weight: bold">A case might be made for a car that was in untouched survivor condition but just happens to no longer have its original engine or paperwork. </span>

</div></div>

A case might be made for a car that was in untouched &quot;unrestored&quot; condition but just happens to no longer have its original engine or paperwork.

Replace &quot;Survivor&quot; with &quot;unrestored&quot; and we are in agreement and thus not necessary.