Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale

Please note

Old 10-24-2003, 04:46 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default YENKO Supercar Leather Jackets

YENKO Supercar Leather Jackets Offered in an EXTREMELY limited quantity, these are 100% handmade, and constructed of top quality, glove soft lambskin. Originally produced by Red Dawg Leathers for Legacy Products Corp, the first batch of these was hand crafted in the late 1980's by George and Joseph Kurien. These were ultra-rare, with only a handful being produced before production ceased in the early 1990's. Used examples of these jackets have sold on ebay for well over 1200.00! We are proud to offer a second-run of these jackets BRAND NEW, hand-made by the original manufacturers to EXACT specifications of the originals. George and Joseph Kurien have verified that these will be made from the same patterns, materials, colors, stitching, etc. as the originals, identical in every detail. This is without a doubt one of the best made, not to mention COOLEST leather jacket you will EVER see ANYWHERE!!! Offered in very limited quantity, strictly on a first come, first served basis, in either M, L , XL, or XXL. They are made slightly large, so order your size accordingly. These jackets are certain to become instant collectibles, and they look and fit great! A true "must-have" item for any Yenko owner or enthusiast. Priced at just 695.00 each, these will not last long. ALSO: In an effort to promote and preserve the Supercar Reunion as the premiere event for collector car enthusiasts, $100.00 of EACH jacket sold will be donated to the "Friends of the Reunion" fund, in YOUR name! Don't miss this opportunity to own an amazing hand crafted leather jacket and show your support for the Yenko Sportscar Club and SCR7. These will also make a perfect gift for the holidays! Reserve yours today, when they are gone, they are gone forever!

Attached Images

O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 10-24-2003, 07:27 PM

Default Re: YENKO Supercar Leather Jackets

I have one of the 5 [according to George Kurien] original jackets. He has assured me that the "new run" will EXACTLY replicate the original production jackets. He even has the 20 year old "Red Dawg" neck labels. George has agreed to get 3-medium [M], 8-large[[L], 8-extra large [XL] and 3-double extra large [2XL] jackets to you in time for VetteFest. These jackets will be made only for the sYc as George Kurien is very respectful of logo trade rights. He assures me that the same hands that produced the small order in the late 80's will be crafting these new run jackets. They're made in India [by brother Joseph] and they were fortunate to locate the very first original jacket in their pile of proto jackets. I paid $1,200 for my jacket from the 80's [wrong size for me] so I'll be glad to have one that fits and is made by the same craftsman from the same template of 25 years ago.

SS
Old 10-24-2003, 08:03 PM

Awesome threads!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif[/img] I will take one. Reserve me one in a size L. Thanks!

Joe Barr
Old 10-24-2003, 09:30 PM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

One Extra Large please...
Old 10-25-2003, 03:45 AM

Thanks, Charley, for no wise-cracks. That's Donna, my secretary...and she's meaner than Marlin and BelAir ever dreamed of being, combined. You know she's tough if she's tolerated my crap for 10-12 years. She was reluctant to pose for the jacket pics, but I assured her that we were all gentlemen here. Thanks boys... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

SS

Old 10-25-2003, 05:39 AM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

You are Lucky I have to try and be civilized now......
Old 10-25-2003, 05:44 AM

Civilized yo-yo.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif[/img] He he he.
Old 10-25-2003, 10:25 AM

Reserve one for me in which size the maker of these would think correct for 6' 215lbs.
Thanks,
Motown [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2003, 04:36 PM

Hey Mo;
You been workin' out? You might be 6' and 215 standing on a beer keg! That's not bashing, Mo...just an observation. [I don't want to get in trouble with the forum cops.]

These jackets are cut slightly oversize, so I think that description would be a comfortable/loose fitting "XL", or a slightly snug "L". [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif[/img]

Rick;
She's on husband #3 [told ya she was mean]. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

SS
Old 10-25-2003, 05:33 PM

Hey Rob,
BEAUMONTBILL [Bill Wertheim] just PM'd me that he wants a jacket. Size "2XL" is what he requested. [He'll be down to a "Medium" in 6 months with the sleepless nites and 24X7 days those newborn babies require.] Be sure to mark that order down, Rob...he's about to give me a price on a car I asked him to find for me.

SS