Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > In Memoriam

Old 06-20-2006, 06:01 PM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy
Default Re: Ok guys.. I have some super bad news.. Please

Here is a rear shot of Larry's 70 GT.. in the background under the cover you can see his 69 L88 Racecar that was stolen. It has a small block in it and removable body panels. I'll post another picture of it as well.

Attached Images

Old 06-20-2006, 06:02 PM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

Here is another pic of Larrys 69 L88 racecar.

Attached Images

Old 06-20-2006, 06:06 PM

Here is a pic of Larry's Lola T-400 Can-Am Race car ( ex- Ongais F-5000 chassis) Now with Frissbee bodywork ... This car was stolen as well.. The body work was off the car.. Not sure if the bodywork was stolen with it at this time. It had a smallblock in it as well and was all new.

Attached Images

Old 06-20-2006, 06:10 PM

Last one... This is the day we dug out the Motion and cleaned it up. This is Larry and Perry.. I was behind the camera.. Let's hope Larry gets some justice. He was one of the good ones.. His memory doesn't deserve what's being done. That is for damn sure.

Attached Images

Old 06-20-2006, 06:15 PM

Ed,
Sorry to hear about your loss of a good friend. What a total shock. Kim
Old 06-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,515 Times in 2,144 Posts

This is certainly sad news about Larry....a black day indeed. .

I enjoyed a few yaks w/ him on some old racing stuff and although disheartened I am mostly sorry for those of you that have lost your friend and comrade. .

The situation of the cars....to think anyone could stoop so low is simply disgusting. . If an ex-spouse story or not it's sick and outright blasphemous to the man and the cars he respected. . Whoever it is deserves more than they'll probably ever get. .

Here's to you Larry! .

~ Pete
Old 06-20-2006, 06:35 PM

Ed,
So sorry to hear about Larry. Although I'm sure it's hard for you right now, let me say that there are many folks here on this site who can appreciate what you're doing to help your long time friend.

The theft is unforgivable, and even moreso under the circumstances. As bad as it is, I still can only hope the thieves KNOW what they got. It would be even more tragic to think they are planning to 'part out' the cars, not realizing the historic significance of these pieces.

This is the "Good and the Bad" of a site like we have here. There is tons of information available and hundreds of friendships to be found, but there is also the opportunity for people like this to lurk in the shadows and prey on the unsuspecting. Sad, but an undeniable part of our society today.

We can all be thankful for what Larry shared with us. Seeing the B/M Corvette in it's original and unrestored condition brought smiles to countless individuals at the Reunion. Hopefully Larry set a precedent that will encourage others to bring those rare, unrestored pieces of Muscle/Supercar history back into the light for all of us to enjoy.

Godspeed Larry, and Thank You. You WILL be missed.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:46 PM

Very sorry to hear about Pantera,I never met the guy but read many of his post on the site here.Very sad when you loose someone that loved the cars as much as he did.My prayers go out to his Family and friends.Sure hope the cars get recovered by authorities.Seems as though it will be difficult to do anything with these cars due to the type of cars they are.Justice will be served to the disgusting theives and may Larry rest in peace.

Bobby Dodson
Old 06-20-2006, 07:12 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,790 Times in 1,605 Posts

-----Also very sorry to hear of Larrys passing. Even on the computer he came across as a really good guy! As well, it is my fervent hope that the perps that took Larrys treasures rot in hell. Its almost as if these lowlifes literally saw Larry pass or possibly had been considering something like this theft before his passing. As much as its painful to type these words, you can bet that these guys are considering cutting these cars up. Hopefully they havent already started. Its way harder looking for parts but we should be leaning in that direction.........Bill S
Old 06-20-2006, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,342 Posts

This is a awful news. As been stated many times previous, Larry was a true gentlemen and enthusiast who would share his quick wit with anyone. Words cannot express the disgust and anger I feel towards the THIEVES.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com