Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,513 Times in 2,143 Posts
Default Re: What happend to SSRSBOB???? Jerry McNeish

Awesome!!!

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img]
~ Pete
Old 02-09-2011, 12:02 AM

Default Re: What happend to SSRSBOB????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sYc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now that more details have been made public, I hope the ones who felt we were treating Jerry unfairly, and that he should be reinstated, now realize that as much as we tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, Jerry did this to himself, with his ego, as seen by his self promoting on this site, and his constant bashing of sYc members on other sites, </div></div>

If all that is being said is true, it is a shame for the hobby.
But to trash him or anyone else that can not defend themselves does not seen right to me. I was always told by my father if you have a issue with someone speak directly to that person.
I just read this and think it may make this great site seem foolish to some people to be in a pissin match with someone outside the site that read it. JMO
Old 02-09-2011, 03:48 PM

Having known Jerry since 1983, I will say one thing about him....he has always stuck by the enthusiats side of things in this hobby. I always thought of Jerry as a person of high intergrity, and always looking out for the little guy in this hobby.

Now having said that....

Jerry is also very picky...look at his race cars.....meticulous. Unfortunately, he's the same about his restoration business. Jerry say what Jerry means, and that's it.

Does he have faults???....sure, we all do. I have always felt that the &quot;higher&quot; you are in this hobby, the harder it is to legitimize yourself, because there's always someone out there who likes to &quot;knock that guy off the hill&quot;.

The same goes for all of the &quot;experts&quot; in this hobby.

I say, lets bury the friggin hatchet, and let's get on with more importatnt things in life.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:03 PM

Yea Mike,I agree. Lets move on.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:20 PM

Thanked 4,513 Times in 2,143 Posts

Back to the young drummers!.
This thread had already left the foolishness behind and was getting good!!!

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
~ Pete
Old 02-09-2011, 04:45 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VintageMusclecar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At the risk of further derailing the topic..since the subject has diverted to young drummers and Rush, I thought maybe some might appreciate this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIDpj303x2U

(When was the last time you saw a 9 year old kid who could play YYZ?!) </div></div>

WOW!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif[/img]

Chris &amp; Bob ~ Your little drummer girls are 2 CUTE! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

RIP COPO PETE!
</span> </span>
Old 02-10-2011, 02:42 PM

While I can agree to a certain extent, there is a need for this info, whether it be good or bad, to be out there. I am not trying to stir the pot on this but I do feel that if anyone who makes a living off being a Camaro, or any car for that matter, expert will need to be sure that they conduct themselves in a professonal and business like manner. It's what will set them apart from the others and in this instance it appears that this isn't the case. For those of us who are like me and do this for a hobby, we need to have relieable people who are trusted that we can go to and get the straight answer. That is one of the reasons why this site is such a great one.

Yesterday I was contacted by a mod here who asked me about the post I made earlier as it may appear the lawyer talk is making the rounds. I stand by what I said as I heard it first hand from the source. I thank the mod for reaching out and verifying this as it is the correct thing to do. Furthermore, I will add my own personal experience. About 6 years ago, I had a Camaro at a well respected national show that was being judged. In this event the car is judged by multiple people for 4 -5 hours. The person in question, who was not part of the judging, team came by the car, looked at it for all of 30 seconds, declared it a fake and walked away. I was taken back that one could reach that conclusion in 30 seconds where the judging team had just spent 4 hours on the car and came to the exact opposite conclusion. The car is real. Normally I would of been freaking out but I knew about the person in question and I let the thing go. I do this as a hobby and not a business. I have never made a dime out of it and have never sold any of the Camaro's that I have been fortunate enough to acquire.

Here we have a person who has issues in the past with others. The whole SCW fiasco comes to mind from a few years ago. Then there is debacle of a &quot;ceritifed&quot; RG 69 Z28 that went to auction and was sold only to be found out later that it was a rebody and the &quot;certification&quot; never indicated that.The final &quot;certified&quot; report was than changed and some serious back peddling took place. Next you have an issue with a phantom poster who is bashing others work and touting up his old buddy.This is all coming from someone who considers himself an expert and charges for his services. So if I am new to the hobby and looking for the right people to go to I want to be able to make the best informed decision of who I can go to. I want to be able to see the info that is out there good or bad. The person in question has been given many chances and as someone wrote, he did this to himself. If you are going to carry your self as an expert and make a living off of this than you better be damn sure that you conduct yourself in a professional and business like manner all the time and it appears that just isn't the case here.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:37 PM

Thanked 3,789 Times in 1,605 Posts

----I have had a similar experience, Tom......Bill S
Old 02-10-2011, 06:31 PM

Thanked 5,357 Times in 1,880 Posts

Hi Tom...How are you doing? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2011, 06:58 PM

Pm sent~