Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 01-27-2006, 03:39 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: $200K 1969 Z-28

I have a 20k orig mile rs car completely unrestored(even the hood) has the orig air in the tires that i want to sell well maybe not. I have no price in mind,no pics,really no info,but i did stay at a holiday inn express last nite!!!!!! I believe what makes this post even worse is that jerry is a professional appraiser for these cars,perhaps the market has got him stumped once again
Old 01-27-2006, 06:29 AM

How much can a car be "fluffed" and still be called a survivor? What is the true definition of "survivor" car? I have heard alot of different explanations lately, and they all are different.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:30 AM

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,150 Posts

I personally draw the line at red heater hoses.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:07 AM
Banned

Charlie,

I am not touting the car. Stuart Adams asked if the car was for still for sale. All I did was say yes and give him my e-mail. Is that touting? You've already pulled the car from the cars for sale section of this site. I don't have a problem with that.....and I didn't know about your rule about pricing the car.

Thanks,

Jerry
Old 01-27-2006, 07:28 AM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

"Yes, my Z has twice the mileage but it is twice the car. I will bet my reputation on that! Factory chambered, factory floor mats, 4.10 rear, build sheet and all the original parts are in this car........shocks, exhaust, master cylinder, etc, etc. Anyone, and I mean anyone is free to come by my shop and inspect this car in person. The ink stampings are still on the carb."
I would call that touting. You are free to place your car for sale on this site but put a price on it. I had sent you a private message regarding the ad but you did not respond.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:47 AM
Banned

Charlie,

I stated that information because you were tending to bash the car that I have......."The Barrett-Jackson car has 11000 miles. I think Jerry's had over twice the mileage." Like a 28K mileage car with all original parts intact is a POS survivor compaired to the one sold at BJ? You don't know for certain that the 11K car mileage car is real, and it appears that most clear thinking Camaro hobbyists on this site think that this car had more than maintenance issues.

I never received your private message about selling or posting my car.

Thanks,

Jerry
Old 01-27-2006, 09:35 AM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

Jerry...I sent the private message at 10:43 am yesterday. It is probably still there. You are right. I don't know for certain that the 11K mile car is real but from the looks and history I believe it is. The 11K mile car appears to be what it is, blemishes and all. I would expect your car to have no blemishes. You are in the car business and restore parts etc. If your car had the wrong water pump, I would think you would find the right pump. The 11K mile Z28 has all it's flaws out in plain sight. I have no idea if you had to do anything to your car and I don't really care. I am not bashing your car but you seem determined to bash the auction car. Given the lower miles of the auction car and I believe someone said it had not been titled I would rather have the auction car.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:16 PM
Banned

Charlie,

And as you said before, we will just have to agree to disagree. I do know from the many years of my experience in my business that many dealers who sell cars misrepresent them. Do you know how many restamped Camaro engines I saw at the auction that were represented as "numbers matching"? Many! I see this 80% of the time when traveling to classic car dealers and high-volume sellers/flippers. Honesty and integrity is not what this hobby is about anymore. Unfortunately, it's all about money today! There is a big part of me that wishes these cars were not as valuable as they've become. That would make many of the law suits go away and tend to keep this hobby honest and to the true Camaro lover and not the Camaro investor-seller.

You for example have had the good fortune and luxury of owning several ZL1 Camaros. I will never have that luxury because the value of ZL1's have gone throught the roof. Even if I never get to own one, I do have the teenage memories of seeing these cars in the dealer showroom when they were new (Jerry Govans, AD Anderson, and Sport Chevrolet). I also got to hang out with a couple of locals who raced these cars when they were new.........and those memories are priceless.

Thanks,

Jerry
Old 01-27-2006, 09:26 PM

I have known Jerry McNeish for a very long time (since 1989). I know first hand what he looks for when considering a car's quality and value. In the matter of this particular 1969 Z28 Camaro, I would absolutely trust his opinion of what this car really is and at looking at the photos posted on the Barrett-Jackson site of the under hood picture I am more trusting of his opinion.

jon
Old 01-27-2006, 10:33 PM

I nominate Jerry MacNeish for Camaro President!!!!

On a more serious note, I also have had the previlege of being one of Jerry's friends since oh ...1989 too.

I can honestly say that there isn't anyone, and I mean anyone, who love's and appreciates these cars for what they are.....an enthusiasts car, more than him.

Knowing that, I can really see his concern about whrere these cars and the Camaro hobby in general is going.

It's a real shame that the folks who don't own one of these cars now and wants one, will probably never be able to afford it....