Thanked 2,550 Times in 1,173 Posts

"Honestly guys, the Chevrolet Gods won't strike you down if you add a thanks."

Are you 100% CERTAIN????
Old 03-17-2021, 01:58 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,960 Times in 1,387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postsedan View Post
Wow! I certainly hope they walked away....I would love to know what strength chains he used....a wise life saving selection.

Dan

Yes, the people were lifted out in a harness and their 2 dogs. The chains were standard safety chains, but the rescue people asked the semi to connect his load chains to the truck and his front bumper to hold it better. There is a story on fb in a White Water Retro trailer page I'm on.

Below is the press release from our friends and partners at the Idaho State Police. This afternoon our SORT - Special Operations Rescue Team Magic Valley Paramedic
responded with Gooding County Sheriff
Gooding County EMS
Wendell Fire Department
Gooding Fire District
Jerome City Fire Department
ISP Idaho Transportation Department (ITD)
Idaho Fish and Game (IDFG)
for a truck over the railing at Malad Gorge. Air St. Luke's
also responded and took 3 sort members with them for a fast response. Once SORT arrived they had a rescuer at the victims in 6 minutes. It was amazing team work and collaboration with all agencies involved. SIRCOMM
did an amazing job coordinating a multiple agency response.

Heroic Rescue after pickup goes over the Malad Gorge bridge on Interstate 84.

The following is a release from the Idaho State Police Public Affairs Office:
Idaho State Troopers responded to a vehicle crash that turned into a heroic rescue after a pickup truck went off a bridge over the deep canyon of the Malad Gorge.

When the first Trooper arrived on scene, the pickup had gone over the edge of the bridge and was held only by a safety chain connected to a camp trailer. Eventually, the couple inside the truck would be rescued thanks to a team effort of Magic Valley first responders, including a rappel team from the Magic Valley Paramedics Special Operations Rescue Team.

What Happened: At 2:42 p.m. this afternoon, an Idaho State Police Trooper drove onto the scene of a single vehicle crash on eastbound Interstate 84 at milepost 146. The incident had just happened and the trooper arrived as dispatchers were calling emergency units to the scene.

According to witnesses, the driver of the pickup, a 2004 F-350 pulling an approximately 30-foot camp trailer, lost control. The truck and camper swerved hitting the right shoulder barrier, then went left until the truck was sliding on the left side guardrail. The truck then tipped over the bridge, with the camper blocking both eastbound lanes. Only the safety chain attached between the truck and the camper kept the truck from falling. The Malad Gorge is approximately 80 to 100 feet below the bridge.

The Trooper was able to call to the two people inside the vehicle, who responded and said they were alert and not seriously injured. Soon after, a Gooding County Sheriff's Deputy arrived on scene and the Trooper and Deputy were able to get an additional set of chains from a semi-truck driver, attach them to the dangling pick up, and provide additional strength to hold the pickup until rescue crews could arrive.

Soon a full team of emergency responders arrived on scene including a team of specially trained rope rescue paramedics, the Magic Valley Paramedics SORT, or Special Operations Rescue Team. SORT members were transported quickly to the incident by Air St Luke's Magic Valley. Once on scene, the SORT members were able to rappel down to the dangling pickup truck and attached a harness to each victim allowing rescuers to raise each to safety.

The two occupants of the pickup, a man and woman, were wearing seat belts which also helped hold them securely in the vehicle until rescuers arrived.

Vehicle Occupants: The driver of the pickup was a 67-year-old man from Garden City, Idaho. The passenger was a 64-year-old woman, also from Garden City. Both were transported to a Magic Valley hospital with what appeared to be non-life-threatening injuries.

Two small dogs were also in the pickup. Rescuers were able to get the dogs to safety as well. An ISP Trooper transported the dogs safely to the home of a family member in the Magic Valley.

"This was a tremendous team effort that took a quick response and really showed the dedication and training of our community of first responders," said Capt. David Neth of the Idaho State Police District 4 in Jerome. "This is something we train and prepare for, but when it happens and people's lives literally hang in the balance, it takes everyone working together, and then some."

"I am just so proud of our team. It shows what all agencies including Magic Valley Paramedics Special Operations Rescue Team (SORT), Air St. Luke's and St. Luke's Magic Valley Paramedics can do working together," said Chad Smith, Field Supervisor for Magic Valley Paramedics SORT and Flight Paramedic for Air St. Luke's.

The Idaho State Police would like to thank all the responding agencies:
Gooding County Sheriff's Deputies, Gooding County EMS, Gooding Fire Department, Gooding Rural Fire Department, the Jerome City Fire Department, Air St Luke's, Idaho Fish & Game, Jerome County Sheriff's Office.
1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
Crush (03-17-2021), olredalert (03-17-2021), Z28Project (03-17-2021)
Old 03-17-2021, 02:18 AM

Thanked 136,488 Times in 22,778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
"Honestly guys, the Chevrolet Gods won't strike you down if you add a thanks."

Are you 100% CERTAIN????
Try it. If you are no longer around to post then I know I was wrong.
Old 03-17-2021, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
OK . . . what is going on?

I see that with the exception of flyingn and markinnaples, no one is adding thanks to any of the Shelby GT Mustangs I post.

Why?

Honestly guys, the Chevrolet Gods won't strike you down if you add a thanks.
As I've said on our show and throughout my articles for years, my first car was a Ford Mustang. It had less to do with the brand and everything to do with what was within my financial reach and proximity. Long before the internet, as I know most of you recall, there was the local auto trader type rags that listed local cars for sale. This was our "search engine".

As I've discussed many times, I appreciate brand loyalty and salute anyone who has the wherewithal to maintain and enjoy any classic car/truck/bike etc. I have found though that as we've gotten older, I appreciate the individual first and the marque second.

I love a cool car regardless of brand, I also love the community that may not have the same view of someone else's favorite. What's important is that we support each other and continue to move the hobby forward.

No matter the nameplate.

Just my .02 cents.

JP
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JP Emerson For This Useful Post:
downunder1 (03-17-2021), Lee Stewart (03-17-2021)
Old 03-17-2021, 12:31 PM

Well said JP

JP - Gets It!

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
The Following User Says Thank You to Postsedan For This Useful Post:
downunder1 (03-17-2021)
Old 03-17-2021, 12:33 PM

Too Many Projects,

Thanks for the link....what an amazing rescue. Thank goodness they all were saved.

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
The Following User Says Thank You to Postsedan For This Useful Post:
Too Many Projects (03-17-2021)
Old 03-17-2021, 01:15 PM

Quote:

US to test hypersonic missile that can travel 20 times speed of sound
AGM-183A – ARRW Air Launched Rapid Response Weapon (known as "Arrow"), The AGM-183A ARRW is a hypersonic strike weapon being developed by Lockheed Martin for the U.S. Air Force (USAF). The weapon is a boost-glide hypersonic system and consists of a rocket booster and hypersonic glider warhead. After being launched from an aircraft, the booster rocket accelerates to high speeds before releasing the hypersonic glide warhead payload which then glides unpowered to its target at hypersonic speeds up to Mach 20.
Lee Stewart (03-17-2021), markinnaples (03-17-2021)
Old 03-17-2021, 01:38 PM

Thanked 2,550 Times in 1,173 Posts

Quote:
Try it. If you are no longer around to post then I know I was wrong.
Just kidding of course. I have stated publicly that the 69 70 Mustang fastback is one of the nicest looking cars of all time.

My first car related job was rebuilding wrecked Mustangs. My boss would by one hit in front, one hit in back, decide which color he liked best and make one car out of the two. Then sell the extra powertrain parts.

If done correctly, it is just as good as a car that has never been hit.
Old 03-17-2021, 08:48 PM

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lee Stewart For This Useful Post:
67 Nova Boy (03-19-2021), earntaz (03-17-2021)
Old 03-17-2021, 08:48 PM

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lee Stewart For This Useful Post:
bobm67 (03-18-2021), dykstra (03-18-2021), earntaz (03-17-2021), L78_Nova (03-18-2021), markinnaples (03-18-2021), olredalert (03-18-2021), YenkoYS-199Stinger (03-18-2021)