Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > In Memoriam

Old 06-20-2006, 10:09 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Ok guys.. I have some super bad news.. Please help

JMO, but I think the Customs people should be alerted, unless it's already too late. There are many private collectors overseas that would pay big $$ for cars like these, and nobody would ever know or see the cars for years.
Much easier to get them out of the country with valid titles before they were reported stolen, and the theft would not likly make the news.
Larry will be deeply missed, may his memory always be a blessing.

COPO 9561/9737 M40 X11D80
13.37 @ 105.50 on pump gas,drove it to NATL TRAILS and back [email protected] SCR22
Old 06-20-2006, 10:12 PM

Thanked 4,511 Times in 2,142 Posts
Default Re: Ok guys.. I have some super bad news.. Please

I just checked back and May 17'th was the day Larry and I were last discussing some of his cars. .
I feel sick about this whole thing and just can't imagine the loss his close friends are feeling. .
There's a few other topics/postings today I'd be interested in commenting on however don't think I'll bother. .
Check his site out as there's quite a few pics there also a list of other cars that may jog someone if they hear anything. .
Anyone notice Larry's note at the bottom of one of the pages of his site? .

"Thats all folks....Thanks for stopping by"

~ Pete
Old 06-20-2006, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Ok guys.. I have some super bad news.. Please

Just noticed this information passed along by Ed & Perry. Very sorry to hear about the passing of this fellow automotive enthusiast and friend. We had e-mailed and talked cars on different occasions, but until SCR8, had never put a face with a name. Not formerly introduced, I was listening to a conversation between a couple at the show. I knew in my mind, this was Larry? Sure enough, I was right, and we became instant car buddies.

Yes Bruce, I remember the enjoyable time together last year, never to be forgotten with Larry. To Ed & Perry, I can understand the great friendship and quality time you must have enjoyed? We will all miss Larry, Greatly!!!

Very sad to know that there are people that have very little remorse. These people have very little hope for the future? Hopefully these people will be caught for their evil deeds and punished appropiately? Ray
Old 06-20-2006, 11:21 PM

There is little doubt in my mind that whoever did this crime has perused this board-I mean how hard is it to look at a guys sig,see his cars,and in a relatively small town like he was from call 411 and get an addy.I am in no way saying it was a member,but this site does display quite a bit of personal info.These cars were worth a small fortune and with ethics coming in a distant second to greed it's just another level up from restamps and fake tags.Hopefully this same site through it's network of members will lead authorities to these plundering scumbags-jmo
Old 06-21-2006, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is little doubt in my mind that whoever did this crime has perused this board-I mean how hard is it to look at a guys sig,see his cars,and in a relatively small town like he was from call 411 and get an addy.I am in no way saying it was a member,but this site does display quite a bit of personal info.These cars were worth a small fortune and with ethics coming in a distant second to greed it's just another level up from restamps and fake tags.Hopefully this same site through it's network of members will lead authorities to these plundering scumbags-jmo

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know - seems to me like an individual that is or was very close to Larry at one time. It appeared to happen quickly and not only did they seem to be organized around his shop, they also knew where he kept the Titles in his house! That is not the work of a stranger.

Ed and Perry,

You guys should rack your brains and try to remember as many associates of Larry's as you can. Try and remember anyone unusual or non trustworthy.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:52 AM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How is it he died on May 18th and we didn't find out till a month later ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! Myself and several others have been asking this very same question. I am sure there are at least a few guys that would have wanted to attend his funeral at the very least.
Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me answer this question and put this one to rest. First let me tell you how sick I felt hearing of Larry's passing.. I was one of his closest friends and I didn't get word he died till almost 2 weeks after he had.. My connection to Larry was with Larry... It wasn't uncommon for us to go a week or so without talking.. so I didn't think much of it.. Then after I'd called him a few times and just got the voice mail I started to worry.. The very next day Perry called me with the news.. Like I said, my connection to Larry was with Larry.. so no one else really knew to think to call me when he past.. So not even I got to go to his funeral. Though I wish I had..

As for the reason the annoucement of his death hasn't happened till now.. Larry died without a will.. His estate is in probate. And it was at the wishes of those involved to keep things private for the time being..

This dispicable act against Larry of stealing all his cars is the reason this is being made public..

There is no doubt that this was done by someone who knew Larry, what he had, and where to find it.. And hopefully that will aide in the capture of those responsible and recovery of everything.. Because that list of people "in the know" of what Larry had and where is short..very short.

I hope I've clarified a few things.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:53 AM

Thanked 4,511 Times in 2,142 Posts

I think Hylton may be right? . Sorry to offend if it's not but I really wouldn't be surprised if it's a woman's work....it really is 'never done', just like the saying goes. .

And what of Larry's L78 Nova....was it there too and part of the plunder? .

~ Pete
Old 06-21-2006, 01:08 AM

Thanked 3,872 Times in 1,002 Posts

Thanks for clarifying Ed. Sometimes it is just frustrating to learn of a friends passing and not have a chance to pay respects. Nothing personal to you or anyone else. I did not keep in touch with Larry on a regular basis but did consider him as a friend.

I remember calling him laughing at him after he signed up on the Harrell web site using "SS427" as his signon. I called him only to give him some friendly poop since I don't own that name and was just teasing him. Larry being Larry offered to retract his sign on and change it to something else. We laughed and went on. Just another memory of the nice guy he was.
Rick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 06-21-2006, 01:11 AM

Wow...this blows...he was a cool guy dammit !
Old 06-21-2006, 01:51 AM

I read this post with great sadness. I have know Larry for about 3 years. He would come down to Fort Worth to Pate Swap Meet every April and he would meet up with me at my trailor where we would share stories about cars, people we had met, and life in general. He did not make it down this year because of bad weather so I was planning to go up there sometime to see him. Didn't make it in time.

God bless Larry and his Family, Ed and Perry I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. I will miss my friend Larry and Pate Swap Meet will never be the same for me.

Steve