Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 11-15-2019, 01:35 PM

I'll post up a pic of the options from that 68 L79 when I get a chance.
JBALL (11-15-2019)
Old 06-22-2021, 09:56 PM

Default Queen City Cincinnati OH dealer invoices

Hello Guys,

Brand new member here. My 1st post. So bear with me.

What an online treasure. Awesome site!! I've been researching Queen City Chevrolet for some time now. Decades. Every now and again my path would cross with "The Supercar Registry". I thought that this site was mainly for Camaro enthusiasts, but the more I've read I'm feeling a little more welcome.
A few of my buddies are hardcore Camaro aficionados. Myself, I'm a longtime '65 and '66 Corvette nut. I feel that I can contribute some things at a minimum about Queen City Chevrolet. My '66 427 was sold new from there.
Had to join your group!

A quick search led me to this thread. When I began reading I almost swallowed my toothpick! "TarrytownSS427s", man what an excellent selfless contribution you've made here. It's actions like this that really help many of us out here.

Unfortunately the Corvette VINs you've listed don't include mine but nonetheless I've gleaned a bit of info from your listing.

I'm looking forward to reading about my classic Chevrolet brother's cars. Here's a couple of classic Queen City Chev. Co. nuggets for you all!

Mike
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VetteSpaz For This Useful Post:
69LM1 (06-23-2021), 69M22Z (06-22-2021), dykstra (08-03-2023), olredalert (06-24-2021), PeteLeathersac (08-03-2021)
Old 06-22-2021, 10:14 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,966 Posts

'

Great 1'st post Mike and welcome aboard!
Anything Queen City is always cool also looking forward to hearing about your cars!

~ Pete

Old 06-22-2021, 11:14 PM

Thanks Pete,

I'm looking forward to reading the handfuls of other threads about Queen City Chevrolet as well.

Hey guys, I've always wondered if Queen City Chev. Co. placed these same (or similar) glove box stickers in your cars too? If you've got any photos would you please post them to this thread? No matter how chewed up they may be!

When I bought my first Corvette, my '66 427 convertible with air conditioning, it didn't have any prior ownership paperwork at all. There was an echo in my glovebox. But what was inside there proved to be the key to finding out where my plastic fantastic originally came from!

The glovebox door appeared to be factory original to the car in 1988 when I bought her in Dallas. On the inside of the metal door there were 2 dealership stickers glued to the cupholder depressions. These stickers were quite a mystery for about a years worth of telephone calls searching possible cities/towns where Queen City Chevrolet used to be. I knew it no longer existed. The GM Historic folks told me that early on. No city or area codes on these glovebox stickers. Very frustrating back then. Remember, this was wayyyy before NCRS offered factory dealership shipping data. That came in the 2000's.

One night around 1989 I was chatting with the Chicago telephone operator. Remember those ladies? Man, I miss those days. Anyway, she said "Cincinnati is known as the Queen City. Don't you watch WKRP In Cincinnati?" I said "GIVE ME CINCINNATI INFORMATION!" The next operator in Cincinnati told me all about Queen City Chevrolet. She used to work a couple of blocks from there. Great memories.

Anyway guys, here's those historic glovebox stickers. These came from a '67 Corvette. Nicer than my originals on my '66 but identical stickers. What style do you have on your Chevys?

Enjoy, Mike
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VetteSpaz For This Useful Post:
69M22Z (06-22-2021), dykstra (08-03-2023), PeteLeathersac (06-23-2021), Tracker1 (06-23-2021)
Old 06-23-2021, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteSpaz View Post
Thanks Pete,

I'm looking forward to reading the handfuls of other threads about Queen City Chevrolet as well.

Hey guys, I've always wondered if Queen City Chev. Co. placed these same (or similar) glove box stickers in your cars too? If you've got any photos would you please post them to this thread? No matter how chewed up they may be!

When I bought my first Corvette, my '66 427 convertible with air conditioning, it didn't have any prior ownership paperwork at all. There was an echo in my glovebox. But what was inside there proved to be the key to finding out where my plastic fantastic originally came from!

The glovebox door appeared to be factory original to the car in 1988 when I bought her in Dallas. On the inside of the metal door there were 2 dealership stickers glued to the cupholder depressions. These stickers were quite a mystery for about a years worth of telephone calls searching possible cities/towns where Queen City Chevrolet used to be. I knew it no longer existed. The GM Historic folks told me that early on. No city or area codes on these glovebox stickers. Very frustrating back then. Remember, this was wayyyy before NCRS offered factory dealership shipping data. That came in the 2000's.

One night around 1989 I was chatting with the Chicago telephone operator. Remember those ladies? Man, I miss those days. Anyway, she said "Cincinnati is known as the Queen City. Don't you watch WKRP In Cincinnati?" I said "GIVE ME CINCINNATI INFORMATION!" The next operator in Cincinnati told me all about Queen City Chevrolet. She used to work a couple of blocks from there. Great memories.

Anyway guys, here's those historic glovebox stickers. These came from a '67 Corvette. Nicer than my originals on my '66 but identical stickers. What style do you have on your Chevys?

Enjoy, Mike

Ill have to check Tin Soldier and see about this. Only 4,XXX miles so if it was there when new, still should be.

/R
Old 06-23-2021, 08:11 AM

Here's my '66 Corvette's original accident sticker. Sorry, my service sticker was too obliterated for a decent photo. Mike
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VetteSpaz For This Useful Post:
dykstra (08-03-2023), PeteLeathersac (06-23-2021)
Old 06-23-2021, 08:06 PM

Hi Mike, I'm the other half (TarrytownZ24s brother). So close! They definitely had a number of salesmen. The invoices are from 2 salesmen specifically. 3 of the 66's were 427's. Would have been fun to find yours.

It's always fun to find a match. I just reunited a L72 Impala with it's original owners manual packet/protectoplate last week! Only the 2nd time I've been able to reunite a match.

Warren
dykstra (08-03-2023), PeteLeathersac (06-23-2021), VetteSpaz (06-24-2021)
Old 06-23-2021, 08:55 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 5,961 Times in 2,907 Posts

Boy, that must have made the owner very happy.
Old 06-24-2021, 02:03 AM

OK, I'm getting old but not too old to figure out who's who when it comes to "TarrytownSS427s". Warren you're "TAR6569" and your brother Steve is TarrytownZ24? Tell me I got that right???

Again, you guys are above and beyond when it comes to selfless actions for the benefit of all. I thought I was one of the few left out here. Man, it's refreshing! I've joined up with some sterling guys here I can tell. A couple of years ago I purchased a reasonably priced '65 Corvette warranty book with it's protecto-plate just to snatch it up to keep it away from the scalpers. I've got it listed under the NCRS Orphan Forum with hopes of reuniting it with it's rightful owner if it still exists. Pay it forward. It's full circle.

Warren, the other night I was curious what I would net if I Googled a VIN from a Queen City sales invoice copy that an old QC Chev. Co. salesman had mailed to me many years ago #194676S113187 and WHAM!!! It linked me to this thread that you two started with all these VIN numbers. Then and there I joined "The Supercar Registry".

About 1991 I befriended an old Queen City Chevrolet salesman via the telephone who wanted to try and help me with my lifelong history search of my '66 427. You must have known him. Otherwise you wouldn't own these sales invoices which led me to you guys. Ralph Gabbard was a very interesting fellow. We often chatted for hours on the phone about the old days at Queen City Chevrolet. As I recall, Ralph worked there from about '65-'68(ish).

I'm attaching a QCC ad from the Enquirer dated December 16th, 1965. You'll see a listing of the salesmen that worked there at that time. For some reason Ralph Gabbard isn't included. But Clancy Condit is among the others. I'm also attaching this cool post card that Clancy would mail out in '67 to prospective customers.

My '66 Corvette's final assembly date was December 1st, 1965. Must have arrived at Queen City around a week later. I've always suspected that my '66 was a possible corporate ordered car by the dealership owner Nick Halmi. Not a COPO car but one to promote the all new big block AC combination. And make it even more rare by ordering a convertible. Ralph Gabbard swore to me that Nick drove a Nassau Blue big block AC convertible about that time. But I can't back that up. Is there anyone in this Registry that used to work there then?

No matter what, I'm grateful to be part of this group. Mike
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to VetteSpaz For This Useful Post:
dykstra (08-03-2023)
Old 06-24-2021, 11:05 AM

i personally have owned the 67 435 and the 67 390 horse from queen city. with pictures
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to purple panther For This Useful Post:
dykstra (08-03-2023), PeteLeathersac (06-24-2021), the427king (06-24-2021), VetteSpaz (06-24-2021)