Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 03-01-2017, 09:32 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Anyone Remember this Z-28?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NorCam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a real fun project car you have your hands on. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/Can-I-Have-It.gif[/img] </div></div>

Thanks, I have had the car for 10+ years, but finally getting around to tracking down the rest of the history. Hopefully I'll get some info from the FB sites.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:29 AM

Love it! Check the orphans section here and over on CRG. I'd suggest buying any drag-race-related material you can from that time and area. That's what I did with my ex NHRA SS and got lucky and found some stuff. I have a collection of vintage drag magazines and newspapers if you're interested in any. Lots of fun doing the detective work, and YES, those two changes were quite common on serious race cars. That qualifying decal (NHRA) tells me the owner was pretty serious about racing as it isn't easy passing a real tech and trying to run with the Big Boys. Even though the payout is embarrassing, just making the show at any NHRA event is gratifying.......and humbling.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:02 PM

I did learn the very first Div. 3 ET Bracket Racing Championships was held at Beech Bend on Sept. 23-25, 1977. I need to find a list of participants for that event. Ideas?