Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 12-20-2008, 02:22 AM

Default Re: collector car insurance

[ QUOTE ]
don't worry I am on top of things.. Grundy is still the cheapest and the biggest and the best. Been doing the classic car insurance for 30 years.. Had em all. No mileage restriction with Grundy like most others too

[ QUOTE ]
"its only Grundy for me. Always treated me wel and great prices.
even have an online quote so thsat you will see what you wil pay instantly
www.grundy.com "

You know, I thought the same way about my current carrier for years. However, when I checked prices last week I was shocked how much I was being overcharged. It is especially irritating that if I had sent my current insurance needs to my current carrier and soon to be previous carrier they would probably have quoted me as a new customer about what the others are. I always found it was easier to keep a customer to find a new one, but apparently that is not the case.

If you have not quoted your needs in the last year or so you may be surprised what you find out.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheapest? My Grundy quote was high. I tried them and many others, and Hagerty always is the lowest for my quotes and great great service and claims.
MY .02
Old 12-20-2008, 02:30 AM
Banned

Always good to check your local known companies too. I changed to State Farm about four years ago because they gave me a better deal than the collector car companies. I have an agreed policy on each of my Camaros.

Jerry
Old 12-20-2008, 02:38 AM

How bout one of the sites sponsors MK Insurance
http://www.mkinsuranceagency.com/pc2...aspx?sid=17981

They check in now and then as well to answer questions in their section.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:17 PM

This must be regional. I have state farm for my other cars for many years and when I called my agent to se if they even had collector car insurance they said no. The only thing they could do was to remove the 'driving' part of my policy over the winter to save money.

[ QUOTE ]
Always good to check your local known companies too. I changed to State Farm about four years ago because they gave me a better deal than the collector car companies. I have an agreed policy on each of my Camaros.

Jerry

[/ QUOTE ]

1971 Torino 351c 4v GT convertible. White/white with black,4 speed, shaker, am/fm, ps/pdb, buckets/console, ac, flip headlights

1969 GTO Judge Warwick blue/blue, RAIII, 4 speed, tach/gauges, safe t track, flip headlights, 3.55's, ps and radio.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:20 PM

odd. I guess it must depends on the area. Around here (at least for me) Grundy was way cheaper then Haggerty.

quote][ QUOTE ]
don't worry I am on top of things.. Grundy is still the cheapest and the biggest and the best. Been doing the classic car insurance for 30 years.. Had em all. No mileage restriction with Grundy like most others too

[ QUOTE ]
"its only Grundy for me. Always treated me wel and great prices.
even have an online quote so thsat you will see what you wil pay instantly
www.grundy.com "

You know, I thought the same way about my current carrier for years. However, when I checked prices last week I was shocked how much I was being overcharged. It is especially irritating that if I had sent my current insurance needs to my current carrier and soon to be previous carrier they would probably have quoted me as a new customer about what the others are. I always found it was easier to keep a customer to find a new one, but apparently that is not the case.

If you have not quoted your needs in the last year or so you may be surprised what you find out.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheapest? My Grundy quote was high. I tried them and many others, and Hagerty always is the lowest for my quotes and great great service and claims.
MY .02

[/ QUOTE ]

1971 Torino 351c 4v GT convertible. White/white with black,4 speed, shaker, am/fm, ps/pdb, buckets/console, ac, flip headlights

1969 GTO Judge Warwick blue/blue, RAIII, 4 speed, tach/gauges, safe t track, flip headlights, 3.55's, ps and radio.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

"You know, I thought the same way about my current carrier for years. However, when I checked prices last week I was shocked how much I was being overcharged. It is especially irritating that if I had sent my current insurance needs to my current carrier and soon to be previous carrier they would probably have quoted me as a new customer about what the others are. I always found it was easier to keep a customer to find a new one, but apparently that is not the case.

If you have not quoted your needs in the last year or so you may be surprised what you find out."

Let me fill in the blanks - My soon to be previous carrier is Grundy. My new agent is going to be Tamra with MK Insurance and American Modern. I had all of the others quote apples vs. apples I would highly recommend getting a quote from Tamra if you have not done so.

I really appreciate the advice members of the Supercar Registry have given me. It was very worth while. And my wife says I am wasting to much time on the computer.....

I would tell her how much I saved, but then I would have to tell her how many cars I have and how much it cost. Best keep my mouth shut!
Old 01-17-2009, 02:11 AM

After reading all the posts on this subject, I called Tamra @ MK and she has saved me 2/3 on my agreed value policies of what I have been paying Hagerty for 7 years. Thanks to Dave(carguy)& Charley & Bruce for the recommendations. Call or email MK Insurance, it might be worth your time & $$$. Dicky

Old 01-17-2009, 02:20 AM

Glad Tamra was able to accomadate you guys.

Not only can she usually save you money, but MK has been a long time sponsor of the sYc. Good folks like her is what keeps this site going.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:37 AM

I've got a collector car policy with MK and had my other vehicles and home insured with State Farm. To make a long story short, I was unhappy with how much state farm was charging me so I checked with MK and my Insurance was cut in half by Tamra and her team!
Old 01-17-2009, 03:31 AM

Had Haggerty and switched to Tamra and MK and never looked back...support those who support you.

'69 Z/28 Yellow/Aug '07 CHP cover car
'70 Z/28 R/S Orange/Jan '08 CHP featured car
'70 Chevelle SS454 LS-5 Red/Jan '11 CHP cover car