Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Chevrolet

Old 04-01-2015, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Webster's 67 Bel Air Conversion

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But the idea is to have something that runs better. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif[/img] </div></div>

Damn, that's cold. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/eek.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2015, 09:57 PM

You'd better investigate the application of that large pulley on the AC compressor. You might be surprised..... I'm sure it's not the original for that 283.

Verne [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/scholar.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2015, 10:31 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

UGH!@#$
Old 04-01-2015, 10:34 PM

I know, I know -- to each their own. IMHO a classic with an LS stuffed between the fenders is like a good looking gal with a terrible case of buck teeth ...
Old 04-01-2015, 10:35 PM

Everything looks good until you open the hood or she smiles ...
Old 04-02-2015, 12:16 AM

I didn't have any plans to work on Mark's car today.....But.......When I got home and opened the garage door the engine was calling me......there were a couple unknowns........the engine had a GM Muscle car pan that was already on it from it's previous installation in a 55 Chevy......so......We had talked about getting a Holley 302-1 pan because I knew that one would work out with the engine raised slightly with the motor mount adaptor plates like I made for my Impala install.. .......So......the first thing I did was to wash off the slight amount of Oil that was on the front crossmember.....(Probably the first time it was ever wet)...then I installed the adaptor plates .....installed the new mounts......and dropped it in......Took all of about 45 minutes......LOL......Everything fit perfectly with the exception of the pan sticking down below the crossmember by about two inches........But.....since the car will not be lowered it won't be a problem........I didn't install the trans yet........I will be clearancing the tunnel and installing it from the bottom..............Moving along.....

Bingo...............

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
Old 04-02-2015, 02:05 AM

Well done [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/Can-I-Have-It.gif[/img]

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
Old 04-02-2015, 10:56 PM
Yenko Paid Member

Lookin good Ken ! Jon K.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:50 AM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: earntaz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everything looks good until you open the hood or she smiles ... </div></div>
They can be made to look like they belong there, run better, not leak, overheat or leave you working on it on a long trip all while getting great gas mileage. If it is going to just sit like most musclecars do by all means leave it stock. But if you really want to put miles on it you will have alot more fun with a LS engine. It is by far the best engine Chevrolet has ever built. Just evolution. I have alot more cars with old school engines than I have LS but the only one I would take on a long trip is the LS.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:22 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: earntaz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everything looks good until you open the hood or she smiles ... </div></div>
They can be made to look like they belong there, run better, not leak, overheat or leave you working on it on a long trip all while getting great gas mileage. If it is going to just sit like most musclecars do by all means leave it stock. But if you really want to put miles on it you will have alot more fun with a LS engine. It is by far the best engine Chevrolet has ever built. Just evolution. I have alot more cars with old school engines than I have LS but the only one I would take on a long trip is the LS. </div></div>

Like Charley said...........It's more fun to drive them......rather than owning them........Two separate things.........The first Power Tour we went on in 2005 I drove my 66 Chevelle Convert......all stock 396 SS car with a Powerglide,.........drove from Milwaukee to Orlando and back......That was the last time driving without an overdrive trans, among other things for creature comforts........after building and driving 6 Power Tour cars over the years......The Chevelle with the LSA engine is just insane......and it's a Puppy compared to Charleys Camaro.........I know a lot of people don't like &quot;Ruining&quot; the cars by swapping the drivetrains out......But........It's the only way to go if you want to drive them any distance.......

The Best things in life......Aren't Things