Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2023, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,080 Times in 357 Posts

I like talking about cars with folks like yourself but some of you really are just misguided and uninformed about electricity generation, EVs, the modern auto sector etc.

I work in the power sector and on occasion the auto sector. Well right now I'm working in the auto sector as one of my projects. I'm talking to a lot of tier 1 leadership folks. This EV revolution will take a long time to get to over 50%.
Old 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Lillard View Post
I don’t have any solar power but love my electric cars. My “engine” has one moving part. They are not for long trips yet but for 99% of daily driving they are the best. They get better every day.
Charlie I agree my Tesla plaid is insane! Crushes all my other stuff except my dedicated turbocharged drag car, at 1020 HP this was my cost at the pump , umm charger. ��

My buddy said my wife’s Kia is comparable to that I said is your wife’s Kia 1000 HP and runs 10 flat as an SUV?
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2023, 02:47 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo69bird View Post
You boys are a little late to the game . Rush made this song about it in 1981 and it was based on an article written about banning gas cars in 1971
This has been in the works by the left for a very very long time. Ever read a news paper from the early 70s today it’ll read just like it reads now about climate change agendas. It’s amazing .

Even in about 76 they said we had 10 years to live. .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LXKZq0fYDw

This song is all about gas cars being illegal and the new cars are made to withstand a 50 mph crash without damage so they are paid by the government to find anyone driving a gas car illegally and smash into it. That’s why he has to run from them they will sustain no damage but he’ll be wrecked. Enjoy the song.
Such a great song! Saw them perform it a few times!!
Old 06-29-2023, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
I like talking about cars with folks like yourself but some of you really are just misguided and uninformed about electricity generation, EVs, the modern auto sector etc.

I work in the power sector and on occasion the auto sector. Well right now I'm working in the auto sector as one of my projects. I'm talking to a lot of tier 1 leadership folks. This EV revolution will take a long time to get to over 50%.
Yessir....but most of us just want to separate the push of evs and suppression and taxation on ice vehicles from the political lies. This thread has avoided direct politics, and I'm certainly respectful of that, but much like other major events in the recent past, get the discussion out there on center stage from all points of view, shake it out, and inform and let us decide. Anything less is going to get extreme pushback.
Old 06-29-2023, 04:21 PM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo69bird View Post
You boys are a little late to the game . Rush made this song about it in 1981 and it was based on an article written about banning gas cars in 1971
This has been in the works by the left for a very very long time. Ever read a news paper from the early 70s today it’ll read just like it reads now about climate change agendas. It’s amazing .

Even in about 76 they said we had 10 years to live. .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LXKZq0fYDw

This song is all about gas cars being illegal and the new cars are made to withstand a 50 mph crash without damage so they are paid by the government to find anyone driving a gas car illegally and smash into it. That’s why he has to run from them they will sustain no damage but he’ll be wrecked. Enjoy the song.

It was incremental. The main target in the 60's was to make cars highly regulated and thus more expensive to reduce consumption.

The book "unsafe at any speed" and the coordinated media pile on was a direct attack on GM's overwhelming market share, all while ignoring the other cars that had the exact same risk as the Corvair.

They started going after Tetraethyl lead in the late 30's and finally got the scalp through regulation in the early 1970's. We got the Malaise era and a 55 MPH national speed limit in exchange while multiple FAKE energy crisis's were played up in the media... "running out of oil"..."Peak oil".. All BS, while the population was treated to video loops of lines stretching around the block for a couple of gallons of gas... THEN the simultaneous push for the adoption/acceptance of mass transit.

The media next attacked the PINTO and then went after the Silverado's side saddle tanks setting up a rigged test to cause an explosion.

The theory: The more we regulate the more expensive the vehicle will become the less of them will be on the road.... .

Of course the banking market replied with ever increasing auto loan repayment durations.

What we are about to experience is way different. If we fail to resist this now on multiple levels within a generation all cars both ICE and EV will be restricted as to who can own/operate.

The key to compliance is a Central Digital Currency they get that and you just walked into a form of slavery for which there is a slim margin for any return.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 70 copo For This Useful Post:
jer (06-29-2023), markinnaples (06-29-2023)
Old 06-29-2023, 11:23 PM

I'm for cutting out Opec, dealership repair costs, (Edison) solar energy...

The question I have: will gas prices go up or down when 50% of cars on the road are electric?

Last edited by Astock; 06-30-2023 at 12:09 AM.
Old 06-30-2023, 01:46 AM

Thanked 136,489 Times in 22,778 Posts

Quote:
Volkswagen is in talks with Tesla to adopt its North American Charging Standard (NACS) where it would join a stampede of automakers and charging networks switching to the system.
That's definitely a step in the right direction: One single charging standard.
Old 06-30-2023, 01:46 AM

Quote:
As many observers expected, troubled EV maker Lordstown Motors has filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and put up its assets for sale, including its truck design.
11 is a reorganization. 7 is a liquidation
Old 06-30-2023, 02:46 AM

I’m all for electrics but there’s not much room for all the manufacturers we have making them. Tesla is KING of EVs And there’s no way for everyone to get a EVs on the grid just not gonna be able to happen.

Nor should it people should have choices , people should be able to buy and use what they want.

On the note of politics idk why people can’t talk politics that’s just foolish it is involved in every single part of your life. There’s really NOTHING that touches every part of your life other than politics. Censorship annoys the hell out of me . ( remember when people could have spirited debates? Sometimes people even changed their mind on things)

That being said , EVs are run on a number of things and it isn’t electricity ⚡️ it’s coal, it’s the sun (pretty much it’s harnessing the energy of a nuclear blast ) , it’s natural gas, it’s in some cases a diesel generator at times or nuclear fission.

We have .004 carbon in the atmosphere up from .003 . At .002 plants die. It’s a real big issue, That’s why they fly private jets all over the place . Anyone ever seen what a private jet burns for fuel? It’s ain’t green.

Ever seen how rare earth minerals are mined? It ain’t green. Uyghers in China? Not exactly well paid labor? There’s lots wrong with EVs

But they are an amazing car. And some day we’ll have induction charging on the highways and there will be very little reason to ever charge anywhere .
Some day maybe it will be viable for all, but for right now there’s too many issues to take over and not screw up the grid .
Not to mention no one should have anything forced on them I’m a form believer of this…I shouldn’t force my will on you and you shouldn’t on me. Maybe I can plead my case for something but if you choose not to buy into it. Oh well .

This is a good thread and it’s good that people discuss in an uncensored state free to make honest. Points for or against. . There’s nothing wrong with that, But people, Also need to learn to be civil w each other and not EXPECT everyone to have to do as we do or say.
. Debate is good. Information is good, you don’t have to listen to it.
Just my .02 and it’s probably worth .01 �� let’s not take it too seriously, I don’t.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turbo69bird For This Useful Post:
69M22Z (06-30-2023), markinnaples (06-30-2023), mhurd (06-30-2023)
Old 06-30-2023, 11:42 AM

These 7 States Are Banning New Gas-Powered Cars

Quote:
Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon and Washington have announced they'll enforce the Advanced Clean Cars II rule and prohibit the sale of new gasoline-powered vehicles. The 7th is California.
Quote:
The regulations don't force anyone to stop driving their current automobile or prevent them from buying a used car. They also don't prevent you from buying an ICE vehicle in another state and registering it locally.
Closed Thread