Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale > Parts/Memorabilia - Sold listings

Please note

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 09:16 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Default beat pair of 15x4 - Cragar SS Round Spoke direct bolt GM 5on4.75

Hi sYc,

I have a very experienced pair of front 15X4 Cragar front skinnies available here - they were on a 1968 Camaro that sat outside for decades sinking into the earth, and it shows - they could likely be used as-is and the old tires held air still but these are rusty, make no mistake. They are also real, GM 4.75 direct bolt pattern, not the later unilugs. Not sure on the date - if they are July 1977 or if that means something else. They are round spoke and have the no "R" caps still - and by the serial numbers, they are a matched pair that are still together nearly 50 years later. Again, they are no where near perfect or even good, but I just couldn't let them rot any more. They are rough and I am including a ton of photos to give the entire picture to anyone interested. Once they sell, I will delete the photos to save Steve's server space. Where they sat is severely rusted and the lip is nearly gone & sharp due to rust. They are pitted and the chrome is terrible and the first character to rescue them seems to have sandblasted them to stop the chrome peeling?... who knows - I didn't remove them from the car. Any gold coloring is where they were blasted - maybe the copper in the chrome layers coming through? They have the original TR-418 long valve stems and the Dill 627 caps still. I can't read all the stampings, but if you use your imagination, 15x4J is there as shown.

These are for a barn find or mock up as I'm sure their restoration would be extensive and prohibitive, but they appear straight and are certainly genuine, hard to find wheels & caps.

Take a look at all the photos; I want you to know what they are - they are place keepers or culls to hold a spot until better rims can be sourced. IMHO

They are scratched, the chrome is beyond saving, they're rusty with significant flaking / erosion in areas. The center hole has slight cracking on one that is hidden underneath the cap, but is there and not likely structural.

That all said and the hard sell...

$400 PPFF for the pair shipped, insurance extra if requested. $350 in person / local pick up.

Thanks for looking,
Anthony
Attached Images

Last edited by AnthonyS; 08-30-2020 at 04:07 PM. Reason: typo
Attachments - The Supercar Registry IMG_3841.jpg IMG_3840.jpg IMG_3839.jpg IMG_3838.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 08-30-2020, 09:23 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

photos of backside and bead areas... no illusions here Gang... they are rough. If I'm off on price, send me an offer. Thanks again, Anthony
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2020, 01:49 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

Wall art perhaps...
Old 09-01-2020, 09:47 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

You did a great job providing detailed pics. GLWTS!
Closed Thread