Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale

Please note

Old 11-23-2023, 03:23 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,555 Times in 1,174 Posts
Default Used GM black dash pad for 69 Camaro, no A/C

This is a genuine GM part. It is NOT aftermarket. It is for a car without A/C.

I bought this 15 or so years ago as GM used NOS. I paid $600 plus shipping. It is not an assembly line piece. It was made in the 70s. You can tell because of the infamous “bald spot” near the center. See pic #4. I installed it on my restored Z/28 in 2012. At that time there was not decent fitting aftermarket piece available. Now, there is, so I put an aftermarket pad on my car.

This is for the guy that wants ONLY GM parts on his Camaro. The dash pad has three minor issues. I realize it isn't for everyone. If it were an assembly line piece, would be great for a survivor. Not sure with the bald spot.

1. Over time, the pad “outgasses” slightly, leaving a slightly sticky surface. Every two years I take a quality cleaner car wax (that’s right, car wax) and it takes the sticky off, leaving a very nice looking surface (other than what is pointed out in #2 below).

2. There are several spots where the surface is not perfect. I don’t know how to describe it. Almost looks like it got a little bit hot. I took pics the best I could to show what those areas look like. No one that ever rode in my car commented on those spots. They don’t look bad; but I want the buyer to be aware of them.

3. The substructure was cracked in several places. I repaired it by adhering a steel strip of sheet metal to the underside with epoxy, and then reinforcing all the mounting points.

This dash has been installed in my car for over ten years. The reinforcing held up well. No new cracks. You absolutely cannot tell it has been reinforced once installed. It fit very well, and is not badly warped like most of the originals. You simply cannot find an original GM dash. Heck, there are very few of these GM replacement pads on the market.

$200 plus actual shipping. I just bought a new aftermarket dash (well over $400 with tax and shipping) and can ship this in the same box, so it will be well protected. I ship with “pirate ship” and will be glad to get a quote before you commit.

PM me if interested.'

I have it listed locally on CL. https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/...690593908.html
Attached Images

O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...