Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Chevrolet

Old 05-24-2014, 05:51 PM

Default Re: NCRS Historical Document Services

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim Ferron</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XXXBlackLs6M22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">&quot;The shipper info provides the details of the dealer the car was originally shipped to from the factory&quot;

Lots of owners with fake build sheets will not match this document which will stir many red flags for them [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/mad.gif[/img]

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] </div></div> Sooo [not trying to be a jerk] The guy with the fake build sheet can make a new one with the <span style="font-style: italic">correct</span> dealer info....

Not sure how this new service is really going to change anything if it doesn't have build info , like a PHS report. </div></div>

The document has a notory type stamp on a gold leaf type surface embodded on it. I would malso think that the NCRS will keep a record of the letters they sent out,since it would be fairly easy for them to do.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:07 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sYc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fast67VelleN2O</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think a lot of cars will be &quot;exposed&quot; with this new information. </div></div>

I keep hearing this but do not see why. The way I read the press release the document will not contain build information, just shipping info, such as selling dealer. I doubt it will &quot;expose&quot; a hand full of cars, as except for the few so called &quot;supercars dealers&quot;, why would anyone lie about the selling dealer?

I do think it is a positive though, as many car enthusiasts are curious where their cars were sold new, and for the supercars, not all dealer records are available, which left the NICB as the only source for such information, which few folks can access. IMO, as this service moves forward, we will see the number of documented supercars increase.

Then the only debate will be how was it equipped/modified. </div></div>

In my case it has helped. I have a car that has been a race car all it's life. I traced it's ownership history back to 1976 when a guy when a guy from western Maryland supposedly picked up the car in Connecticut. The yellow paint on a New England 70 Camaro pro stocker had me thinking it was maybe the Peavy speed shop car,then another source said the guy picked up the car at SRD race cars in 76. As it turned out,my car was sold new at Hallowell Chevrolet in Easton Maryland which is near Delaware. Talk about something from left field. Now I can look for racers in that area,and it sure as heck is more consistent with the car being worked on at SRD back in 1976. I also have another supercar that I want to get the dealership info on before I pay out money to the supercar shop owner to document it. Unfortunatly the car is a 1973,which they don't have the records for.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:41 AM

I received my NCRS reports today and am very pleased. I have two original numbers matching, documented cars, a 69 HO X77D80 Z/28 (Wilkins Chevrolet, Norfolk, Va. and a 66 SS396 California smog 4sp Chevelle, black with red bucket interior (Gustafson Chevrolet, Eureka Ca.) Everything matched perfectly with my original owner docs, POP, build dates etc. Thanks to Roy and the NCRS.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:48 PM

alot of bogus protect- o plates and order forms were made up in the 90s-2000s, and alot of them didnt know the original dealers. Now with the ncrs shipper is will shine the light on those cars or send them scrambling for new fake documents.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:01 PM

The Gustafson newspaper ads are available on Newspaperarchive.com I know they go back to at least 69 maybe some 68's. Didn't look at earlier ones
Old 05-27-2014, 06:36 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TAR6569</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Gustafson newspaper ads are available on Newspaperarchive.com I know they go back to at least 69 maybe some 68's. Didn't look at earlier ones </div></div>

Thank you for that info! I will start digging.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:25 PM

Has anyone heard of Hudiburg Chevrolet?
Code 428 zone 23.
Midwest City OK
That is where my chevelle is from.
Thanks
Old 05-27-2014, 07:33 PM

I just googled and it looks like they are still around.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:46 PM

Anybody have any info on Wilson Chevrolet in Morgantown, WV? Googled them and found nothing. Are they in business under another name maybe.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:03 PM

Well I got my 4 NCRS Reports today missing dealer info on 3 of them. I hope I can get from the SYC guys!
1) NCRS - Dealer code 0 in zone 10. My POP Burman Chevrolet Co. 158 N.3rd Laramie, Wyoming
2) NCRS - Dealer code 45 in zone 26. My Original sales agreement, trade-in paperwork and misc. show O.B. Edmonds 9144 5th Avenue
Jacksonville, Florida
3) NCRS - Dealer code 465 in zone 20. I have no paperwork on this car
4) NCRS - Dealer code 46 in zone 12. Dealer was Berglund Chevrolet Inc. in Jamestown, New York. This matches my POP!

Thanks in advance!
Dave