Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 03-06-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Lillard View Post
MCACN, Scottsdale auctions in January, Hot August Nights Reno Nevada.Good-Guys Columbus.
Thanks for your recommendations Charley.
I've been to Arizona once for the auctions - Barrett and Russo in January however for the past several years I keep going back to Mecum in Florida in January. I find the Mecum auction to be more realistic and less like a television production.
It would be awesome if the Brothers Collection became available for public viewing, they have so many awesome muscle cars! The Muscle Car of the Week videos are really cool and almost as good as seeing them in person.

Dave
Old 03-06-2019, 08:26 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Pebble Beach.….surprised nobody mentioned it yet. Gooding & Co. Auctions, Indy 500, Scottsdale in January, Amelia Island, Peter Mullins museum in Oxnard, CA.
There are plenty of others (some are no-brainers), but the ones above are not only entertaining, but educational, too.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW31S View Post
Pebble Beach.….surprised nobody mentioned it yet. Gooding & Co. Auctions, Indy 500, Scottsdale in January, Amelia Island, Peter Mullins museum in Oxnard, CA.
There are plenty of others (some are no-brainers), but the ones above are not only entertaining, but educational, too.
I too was surprised that Pebble Beach didn't come up earlier. Do they get many American made vehicles there or is it mostly imported exotic cars?

Dave
Old 03-06-2019, 08:56 PM

Thanked 1,377 Times in 670 Posts

Just an FYI for anyone who visits SW FL: there are two car places worth visiting. One is Rick Treworgy's Muscle Car Museum in Punta Gorda, and the other is The Revs Institute in Naples. Obviously, the Muscle Car Museum is all muscle cars of a decent size but nothing great or too crazy. The Revs Institute on the other hand, is a world-class antique and racing car museum that has some of the best quality and most interesting cars in the world. Every car has a story that is written out for the viewer to read. It's definitely well worth your time if you're in the area, but make sure you go online and get tickets there as they don't do walk-ins.
John 10:30
Old 03-06-2019, 09:03 PM

Thanked 1,755 Times in 741 Posts

I like the idea of adding races to the list of shows as many are a must do if you're a car guy. Haven't been to Daytona for the 500 in 10 years, or Indy for 25 years but those 2 should probably be on the list in addition to an NHRA and World of Outlaws event (can you still walk through the pits with a regular admission ticket?). MCACN, Scottsdale auctions, Mecum events (Indy and Kissimmee), SCR, Bloomington, and some of the larger swap meets like Pomona, Jefferson and Carlisle should also be on the list. My parents have been hitting some of the smaller local rural shows and cruises and I've joined them on occasion - in addition to the great people you meet, you'd be surprised what shows up for cars.

Dykstra Motorsports
Old 03-06-2019, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosportGreen66 View Post
Dave and I love Corvettes at Carlisle. We also enjoy Bloomington Gold and the NCRS National level events. This stuff is geared toward OEM Corvettes of course. I enjoyed the Solid Lifter Showroom from years prior too - also at Carlisle. I would like to branch out to some new shows but time never permits for all the good ones.

Dan
Hey Dan,

I'm a real fan of Corvettes and I've been to all 3 events you have listed above.
Have you been to the Bloomington Gold in Charlotte? If so, do you get to see the Rick Hendrick's collection of Corvettes?

Dave
Old 03-06-2019, 09:32 PM

Thanked 1,602 Times in 494 Posts
Default car shows

Since you are in Toronto the jump to New York State is pretty easy...here are a few to consider;

Syracuse Nationals https://syracusenationals.com/

Muscle-Palooza https://www.hemmings.com/musclepalooza/

Adirondack Nationals http://www.adirondacknationals.com/

The Hemmings Show is cool and combines a car show with drag racing...Syracuse Show draws a big crowd every year...Adirondack Nationals is also well attended and there is lots to do in Lake George.

All of these shows are easily accessed via NYS Thruway and 87 Northway.

Good luck..

wilma
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 03-06-2019, 10:49 PM

Very nice weekend show in Frankenmuth Michigan.

http://www.frankenmuthautofest.net/

A week long event, thousands of cars on the final day in downtown Flint Michigan.
https://backtothebricks.org/
34 Ford Sedan..Hemi powered
Michigan/ Florida
The Following User Says Thank You to TDW For This Useful Post:
68Tiger (03-09-2019)
Old 03-06-2019, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchevs View Post
I too was surprised that Pebble Beach didn't come up earlier. Do they get many American made vehicles there or is it mostly imported exotic cars?

Dave
Each year the show has a different “theme” or “invitations” beside the normal categories/classes. For example, one year it was Cobras, one year it was Hot Rods, one year it was the GM Motorama Vehicles, one year it was the cars of the Maharajah’s.
The show itself is a little crowded and the admission price for Sunday isn’t inexpensive, but the days preceding the show is more informal and just as impressive. I’d recommend arriving in town on Tuesday or Wednesday; Thursday is the Rally that starts at the Country Club and ends in Carmel.....a MUST attend!!!
Old 03-06-2019, 11:12 PM

Hey Dave
Two great shows near by is the www.fleetwoodcountrycruizein.com by far the best show in Canada-over 4,000 vehicles-bring your walking shoes dates are June 1 and 2 -just 2 hrs down the 401 to London,Ontario also in Bothwell about 2 1/2 hrs from Toronto is another amazing show-this year on August 9th and 10th-presented by www.oldautos.ca they get a few thousand cars-other than the great cars the local volunteer firefighters hold a 50/50 draw-last year the winner took home over $42K (about $33 K U.S.) I went to the LSfest in Bowling Green K.Y. last fall-great event as well!
Keep on Cruising!
Dave