Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 12-05-2014, 05:58 PM

Default Any western Pa guys recognize this '69 Camaro?

I figure what the hell, right? Somebody may know and I'm curious. Story goes, my dad bought it in about '80 from a guy in Hecla Pa and it moved in with us in Pleasant Unity. It had apparently been sitting in a garage with a blown up BBC for years, and it was time for a new concrete floor. A few years later he got around to going through the motor with a friend and deciding it wasn't worth reworking, and dropping in a 350 and getting it rolling and inspected in '86. My folks divorced shortly after and it basically ended up sitting in our garage as my mom didn't have quite the same interest (despite her first car being a Burnished Brown '69) after that. I inherited it in 2000 when she passed away. I got it out some time after that and get it running and tooled around just on the back roads but never got it registered or insured (managing a record store doesn't afford you a lot of disposable income). Sometime in the mid '00s I needed to buy a new DD and sold it (more like gave it away) to House of Cars in New Alexandria.

I'd love to know where the car is now, I'd REALLY love to have it back if it's for sale, but more importantly, there were some really awesome day 2 parts on it that I'd love to buy back if the new owner went another direction and they're not being used.

I wasn't savvy enough at the time to hang onto the VIN, but what I know about the car is that it's an X-11 and was Cortez Silver at birth. I'm also pretty sure it was an automatic on the column, but no idea what motor.

I'd LOVE to have the L-88, 4 pin hood back. The shifter and linkage... it was a Competition Plus with straight rods and a backing plate to boost the shifter up about 4" and a cut down stick (and a horribly mangled trans tunnel) and the gauge cluster which mounted in the same place as you'd expect, but had three unequal length tubes, all bent at the same angle to push the gauges toward the driver's field of vision.

If anybody has any ideas feel free to post up or drop me a line.
Thanks,
Shane
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 12-05-2014, 06:49 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Any western Pa guys recognize this '69 Camaro?

Contact House of Cars...they have a empty lot, sign, phone number in Crab Tree down the road from New Alex. on 119.
I think they're more fly by night kinda operation though....jmo.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Any western Pa guys recognize this '69 Camaro?

I actually did reach out to Darren (HoC) recently to see if he wouldn't mind finding the VIN for me. Right after I sold it to him it was just up on his site as a flipper. He told me he didn't really remember it so I took that as code for "I'm not interested in going through 10 year old paperwork".