Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 08-30-2017, 03:52 PM

Default Has anyone else noticed...

It's not the first time I've seen this recently either. I thanked a seller in their ad for having reasonably priced items (quite a few) and also said it was too bad that they'll be bought and flipped for four times as much so backyard guys can't afford them. The comment wasn't even remotely directed towards anyone in particular. The whole post was magically deleted without a trace...
Not my site, but just saying... censorship is a nasty business.

69 Camaro SS396 L34 X66
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 08-30-2017, 04:22 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,487 Times in 609 Posts

Dave, let me see if I can maybe explain why the comments were removed.. First part of the comment was absolutely fine.

I thanked a seller in their ad for having reasonably priced items

This issue is the 2nd half of the comment.

it was too bad that they'll be bought and flipped for four times as much so backyard guys can't afford them

2 people replied to the ad and both paying members that sell on the forum. That comment looks to be directed at one or both of them. If you say you didnt mean it that way I find it hard to believe. Common sense would be to not make comments in the for sale thread section regardless if it is valid or not if you are not interested in buying or selling an item. "Congrats on the sale" or "great price" posts should be acceptable but not adding a jab comment.. People can ask whatever they want for parts but ultimately its the buyers that set the demand and value. Right or wrong thats the way it is. And you could have also sent it privately to the seller and still got the point across. So if you dont like how things work I suggest you take up another hobby. I have learned to live with it. And I am not saying that in a smartass way.. It sucks and I hate its that way but until buyers stop paying high prices it will stay the same and most likely prices will increase.

Last edited by cook_dw; 08-30-2017 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cook_dw View Post
Dave, let me see if I can maybe explain why the comments were removed.. First part of the comment was absolutely fine.

I thanked a seller in their ad for having reasonably priced items

This issue is the 2nd half of the comment.

it was too bad that they'll be bought and flipped for four times as much so backyard guys can't afford them

2 people replied to the ad and both paying members that sell on the forum. That comment looks to be directed at one or both of them. If you say you didnt mean it that way I find it hard to believe. Common sense would be to not make comments in the for sale thread section regardless if it is valid or not if you are not interested in buying or selling an item. "Congrats on the sale" or "great price" posts should be acceptable but not adding a jab comment.. People can ask whatever they want for parts but ultimately its the buyers that set the demand and value. Right or wrong thats the way it is. So if you dont like how things work I suggest you take up another hobby. I have learned to live with it.
Common sense says you belong in D.C. now Darryl... Apparently you now have censorship duties and the ability to delete. Good for you. I don't need you to tell me what's common sense and I sure don't need your suggestion to take up another hobby. I don't really care what you've learned to live with. I don't like living with censorship and I'll comment on it every time. Just because you assume that I was referring to someone, doesn't mean it's the case. I'm sure you're trying to be a cheerleader for Chuck from looking at who the other two people were in that thread. It was not directed at him. His business is his business. I don't have to like it.

69 Camaro SS396 L34 X66
Old 08-30-2017, 04:35 PM
Banned

OMG WTF are you talking about... Go back and look at the thread.. Might want to look first before putting your foot in your mouth.. I am not a mod nor have abilities to change peoples posts.. I think you need to dial it back a notch or 2 as I was not trying to come off as a smartass like I stated.. I am certainly no "cheerleader"..
Old 08-30-2017, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,078 Times in 1,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkX66 View Post
Common sense says you belong in D.C. now Darryl... Apparently you now have censorship duties and the ability to delete. Good for you. I don't need you to tell me what's common sense and I sure don't need your suggestion to take up another hobby. I don't really care what you've learned to live with. I don't like living with censorship and I'll comment on it every time. Just because you assume that I was referring to someone, doesn't mean it's the case. I'm sure you're trying to be a cheerleader for Chuck from looking at who the other two people were in that thread. It was not directed at him. His business is his business. I don't have to like it.
Hi Dave,

Your above comments are neither appreciated or appropriate.
The classified section should only include post from the seller and buyer. These guidelines were established years ago, although when the site was upgraded those rules were accidentally removed.

When something is listed for sale everyone has an opportunity to purchase. Regarding the flywheel, another member claimed/purchased the flywheel before you. At that point you have no right to post what you did. The seller and buyer are happy. What the buyer does with it is no concern of yours or anyone elses.

You can call it what you want, however when you or anyone else posts offensive comments they will be subject to either deletion or modification.

Either myself or Charley have the ability to change, delete or modify.

If you continue to insult members you many lose your privilege to post on this site.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Shauger For This Useful Post:
anodyne33 (08-30-2017)
Old 08-30-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shauger View Post
Hi Dave,

Your above comments are neither appreciated or appropriate.
The classified section should only include post from the seller and buyer. These guidelines were established years ago, although when the site was upgraded those rules were accidentally removed.

When something is listed for sale everyone has an opportunity to purchase. Regarding the flywheel, another member claimed/purchased the flywheel before you. At that point you have no right to post what you did. The seller and buyer are happy. What the buyer does with it is no concern of yours or anyone elses.

You can call it what you want, however when you or anyone else posts offensive comments they will be subject to either deletion or modification.

Either myself or Charley have the ability to change, delete or modify.

If you continue to insult members you many lose your privilege to post on this site.
Once again Steve, you guys are implying that I meant it towards Chuck or the other guy that had posted. It was not meant towards either of them in particular. If they took it as such, there is nothing I can do about other peoples feelings. You can defend them all you want. That's your right obviously. I only went after Darryl as a result of what he posted which apparently was alright with you. Don't worry about my privilege to post. I'll move on.

69 Camaro SS396 L34 X66
Old 08-30-2017, 06:04 PM
Banned

Dave, read my post again. Apparently you saw it before I was able to edit my thoughts after my initial post. You can see it was done before your reply. Dont be so defensive and try to look past the internet portion and not think I am trying to talk down or insult you. Cause that was not my intent.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:34 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,668 Times in 993 Posts

I deleted the posts on my way out the door this morning. I read it as a slam against Chuck who bought it and I still think that is how you meant it. I think we are going to try to modify the software so only paid members can post in classified threads. On the way out the door I don't have the time or desire to debate about what they did or didn't mean in their posts.
John (08-31-2017)
Old 08-30-2017, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Lillard View Post
I read it as a slam against Chuck who bought it and I still think that is how you meant it.
Piss off Charley. You don't even know me and you call me a liar. Delete my account.

69 Camaro SS396 L34 X66
Old 08-30-2017, 06:51 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

I'd be pleased if sellers were the only one that could post to their own ad. That would mean anyone responding had to send P M's to the seller or an e-mail. Until that happens, I'll just sit back and watch.

Thanks for giving me the chance to voice my opinion.

This isn't rocket surgery.....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to John Brown For This Useful Post:
Arrowsmith (08-30-2017), nova7579 (08-30-2017), seventieshow (08-30-2017), SuperNovaSS (08-31-2017)